Author Topic: drogheda campbell  (Read 20514 times)

Offline obrien-cailin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: drogheda campbell
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 23:14 BST (UK) »
i have campbells in my family and the thomas man whose son of john is the grand father of my dads granny alice born 1896.so i have further info on alices marraige and children.if you want it.
regards
obrien-cailin.
Buckleys of dublin , Sarah Treacy of Rathfarnham , Campbells of Drogheda co louth , o' Briens of Dillon Place+Upper Gloucester Place Dublin , Reilly/ O' Reilly of Meath , Clerkin of Cavan , Gormleys of Leitrim , Lees of Cavan , McCormacks of cavan ,

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 08:59 BST (UK) »
hi
thank you it great to see photos---the man in the photo looks alot like my dad but taller ---- i have found it hard doing my father Irish side of the family any help you can give would be nice

thank you so much

regards Kathy
kearsley/baker/hayward /campbell/row/woor/dutch/Daley

Offline obrien-cailin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 21:57 BST (UK) »
this is what i have in terms of info.
alice campbell abt 1896 married thomas edward buckley b.20.10.1896 on 7/8/1923 , in st peters church ,drogheda.alice lived at nuns walk and thomas lived at 64 georges st.they moved to 76 offaly rd ,cabra,co dublin , and had 6 children
1.francis,female ,b.1924 , d.4/2/1932,buried at glasnevin cemetry dublin.died as a result of a fall from a swing and head injury.age 13.
2.margaret buckley ,b.1925 ,married date unknown to spadaccini man 2 kids * & *.margaret died 22/12/2006,buried at glasnevin cemetry,dublin.
3.* buckley,b.1928 ,married * mccarthy,lives in dublin,has 3 kids that i know of * ,*,*
4.*,b.1930,married peter o brien b.1930,d.19/8/1993,married abt 1954,she still lives in dublin.they have 2 sons * b.1955 and * b.1960
5.catherine buckley,b.1931 died 26/1/1944,buried at glasnevin cemetry,died from meningitis.
6. thomas buckley.born date unknown,died 2001.married anne kelly,2 kids *  & *.lived in finglas,co dublin.
alices husband was a civil guard in the dublin metropolitan police and was in the garda band till he retired 1968.Alice died 26/5/1988, her husband  Thomas died 30/10/1968, both buried i  Glasnevin cemetry.

i have alices marraige cert to thomas ,and the details of family buried at glasnevin.

im still in the process of gathering info on other family members.
address of interest http://www.dublinheritage.ie/electoral/index.php     this allows you to see where people lived in 1939/1940 in dublin.it may help in dublin people.can you send me a pic of the grave of thomas francis and margaret.and dates please.the pic i attached earlier was alice with her busband thomas buckley.
hope this hepls you piece the history together.
obrien-cailin.

(*) Moderator Comment: Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Buckleys of dublin , Sarah Treacy of Rathfarnham , Campbells of Drogheda co louth , o' Briens of Dillon Place+Upper Gloucester Place Dublin , Reilly/ O' Reilly of Meath , Clerkin of Cavan , Gormleys of Leitrim , Lees of Cavan , McCormacks of cavan ,

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 May 11 08:44 BST (UK) »
hi thank you this info will be a great help i will be going back to ireland to look up church records in august

i do have photo of thomas and Margaret and some grave photos they are on my other laptop in England  i am in Spain till the 2nd June as soon as i get home i will send them to you i will send you a private message with my e mail address as it not good to put to much on this page  a copy of there marrage would be lovely

thank you so much for your help

kind regards Kathy

Offline Peregin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hello There.  I am related to the Elmes of Wexford.  In one post the Rev., John Campbell and his wife Mary Hackett was mentioned.   Also, two of their children were named Henry Elmes Campbell and Catherine Hackett Campbell.  These names are familiar to me as my GGGG Grandfather Samuel Elmes [died 1798] had a brother Henry.   Henry had a daughter Catherine who married a William Hackett .  William Hackett subsequently got involved [on the rebel side] in the Irish uprising of 1798.  It seems too much of a coincidence that these names appeared in rural Oxfordshire shortly after the conflict.  I see one of the posts mentions a Campbell in Drogheda.  Any further info., on the Irish connection [if any] would be greatly appreciated.   

Offline Jill Csehi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, I think we may be related.  My grandfather was Bernard Buckley who is on the 1911 census as one of 7 children, alongside Thomas who you mention.  There were 7 children listed in the census, Margaret Mary, Christopher, Thomas, William, Bernard, Mary Francis and George Augestine.  Bernard was my mother Mary Bernadette's father.  I would like to trace any living relatives.  My father has confirmed that family listed on the 1911 census are indeed my Mother's family.

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi, I think we may be related.  My grandfather was Bernard Buckley who is on the 1911 census as one of 7 children, alongside Thomas who you mention.  There were 7 children listed in the census, Margaret Mary, Christopher, Thomas, William, Bernard, Mary Francis and George Augestine.  Bernard was my mother Mary Bernadette's father.  I would like to trace any living relatives.  My father has confirmed that family listed on the 1911 census are indeed my Mother's family.
.    Yes look like we are Alice Buckley was campbell was my great aunt  what address do you have for the 1911 census and lead name thanks x

Offline Jill Csehi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 15:38 BST (UK) »
64 Georges Street East (Fair Gate, Louth)  Lead name Thomas Buckley, married to Sarah.

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 15:43 BST (UK) »
64 Georges Street East (Fair Gate, Louth)  Lead name Thomas Buckley, married to Sarah.
.   Will come back to you going to check my tree x