Author Topic: Catherine CARSON nee Leslie  (Read 10540 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine CARSON nee Leslie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 May 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
have a look at the familysearch for Byrne/Carson births in in Ireland in the late 1920s / early 1930s. There are three listed in the Drogheda district that may be your Byrnes... too recent to mention in a post due to the living people rule, but they could fit.

to search for them on the BMD Index enter just the child's surname and mother's surname

There are a few other much later (1950s) Byrne/Carson children - I suspect these are probaly unrelated.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline fifer1947

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 May 11 19:14 BST (UK) »
They could be Shane, as could the later ones, remember Margaret was the eldest daughter.  Also Edward Leslie (her uncle and Catherine's brother) stayed behind in Drogheda - I met him in the late 60's on a visit with my late husband.  My husband always had his summer holidays in Drogheda and with other relatives near Dundalk.

I found the death of Henry Joseph in 1918 age 23 and know that is one of Henry/Catherine's children.

This is my late husbands family which I am trying to put together for our children.
Ireland, Co Antrim: Kerr; Hollinger; Forsythe; Moore
Ireland, Co Louth: Carson; Leslie
Ireland, Co Kerry: Ferris
Scotland, Perthshire/Glasgow:  Stewart
England, Devon/Cornwall: Ferris, Gasser/Jasser/Jesser, Norman

Offline joanearls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 October 15 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have Margaret Mary Carson born 4 May 1892 to Oliver Carson/Mary Murphy Bury St Thomas, Lancashire. The family are in the 1901 UK Census for Lancashire.
Margaret married Patrick Byrne Jul-Sept 1919 Toxteth Park, Lancashire. Patrick Byrne was son of John Byrne/Mary Leahy, Drogheda, Co Louth.
I think these births are their children:
Joseph D.  1926    Drogheda
Mary I.      1930    Drogheda
Christina P. 1934  Drogheda

Hope this is of help to you. If anyone can help me with any information regarding this family I would be very grateful.
Sincerely
Joan Earls

Offline budegirl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 08:02 BST (UK) »
On my family tree I have Patrick Byrne, born 1889, Drogheda, Ireland - married to Margaret Mary Carson, born 12.3.1892.  She was born in Bury.  Patrick and Margaret got married 6.7.1919 at St Patricks, Liverpool.