Author Topic: Catherine CARSON nee Leslie  (Read 6733 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • SWilson Roots
Re: Catherine CARSON nee Leslie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 May 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
have a look at the familysearch for Byrne/Carson births in in Ireland in the late 1920s / early 1930s. There are three listed in the Drogheda district that may be your Byrnes... too recent to mention in a post due to the living people rule, but they could fit.

to search for them on the BMD Index enter just the child's surname and mother's surname

There are a few other much later (1950s) Byrne/Carson children - I suspect these are probaly unrelated.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline fifer1947

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 May 11 19:14 BST (UK) »
They could be Shane, as could the later ones, remember Margaret was the eldest daughter.  Also Edward Leslie (her uncle and Catherine's brother) stayed behind in Drogheda - I met him in the late 60's on a visit with my late husband.  My husband always had his summer holidays in Drogheda and with other relatives near Dundalk.

I found the death of Henry Joseph in 1918 age 23 and know that is one of Henry/Catherine's children.

This is my late husbands family which I am trying to put together for our children.
Ireland, Co Antrim: Kerr; Hollinger; Forsythe; Moore
Ireland, Co Louth: Carson; Leslie
Ireland, Co Kerry: Ferris
Scotland, Perthshire/Glasgow:  Stewart
England, Devon/Cornwall: Ferris, Gasser/Jasser/Jesser, Norman

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline joanearls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 October 15 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have Margaret Mary Carson born 4 May 1892 to Oliver Carson/Mary Murphy Bury St Thomas, Lancashire. The family are in the 1901 UK Census for Lancashire.
Margaret married Patrick Byrne Jul-Sept 1919 Toxteth Park, Lancashire. Patrick Byrne was son of John Byrne/Mary Leahy, Drogheda, Co Louth.
I think these births are their children:
Joseph D.  1926    Drogheda
Mary I.      1930    Drogheda
Christina P. 1934  Drogheda

Hope this is of help to you. If anyone can help me with any information regarding this family I would be very grateful.
Sincerely
Joan Earls

Offline budegirl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 08:02 BST (UK) »
On my family tree I have Patrick Byrne, born 1889, Drogheda, Ireland - married to Margaret Mary Carson, born 12.3.1892.  She was born in Bury.  Patrick and Margaret got married 6.7.1919 at St Patricks, Liverpool.