Author Topic: Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool  (Read 44569 times)

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 07:42 BST (UK) »
A mere thank you would have sufficed, rather than a lecture. May I suggest when you go to heaven you take it up with the person who compiled the 1860 Directory.

dobfarm..this forum is packed out with people who can only 'cut and paste'. But at least most of them manage to get the right council.

I have to say I would hate to have to sit on a bus behind you two discussing the weather.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 07:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

What are you on about!  ;D  Weather

Dobby

Ps

I  like people who make me laugh! a corker that on the! BUS  :D Very Reg Varney. R.I.P.!

earwigging! naughty!  ;) but nice.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline JillStatton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walton Park Cemetery, Liverpool - COMPLETED
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 May 11 05:27 BST (UK) »
I agree Dobby that my search of plans etc will probably prove useless.  I was originally hoping that someone might have an interest in or have seen a plan of said Cemetery.  Local knowledge is always invaluable.

Thank you and Ken again for your contributions.  Think I've come to the end of this enquiry.  Jill
From Adelaide, South Australia, I am primarily interested in the WEBB family:
William - Tamworth STS, Melton Mowbray LEI
Mrs Sarah nee BINDLEY - Ealing MDX
William Thomas Bindley - South Australia
Allan - Calcutta, India
Edward Walter - Leamington WAR
Matthew - Paddington LND
Arthur Charles - South Australia
Sarah Frances - Bendigo VIC Australia
Francis - Macclesfield CHS
Mrs Charlotte HAMPSON - Doncaster YKS
George - Camberwell SRY
Charles - South Australia

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 May 11 07:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill,

Keep the thread open awhile! as I got to a seaside town Southport in the summer for day trips out! Just above Liverpool.

Dobby

Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 May 11 08:41 BST (UK) »
A mere thank you would have sufficed, rather than a lecture. May I suggest when you go to heaven you take it up with the person who compiled the 1860 Directory.

dobfarm..this forum is packed out with people who can only 'cut and paste'. But at least most of them manage to get the right council.

I have to say I would hate to have to sit on a bus behind you two discussing the weather.

Asking around! as we say up North!(England) to find someone in the know from local knowledge! from people in the street or on the phone from staff of an organization asking  if they know who/where is the most likely place to obtain information wanted! has brought me some very good results in the past. Thus intend to continue.

Maybe more time in the real world and less in the virtual! would bring back the old memories of finding info. Even on a bus. ;D

Dobfarm. :)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 May 11 10:29 BST (UK) »
If you enter

Hornby Road, Liverpool in google maps

Find the prison in satellite view

The cemetery is just behind it, at the entrance is a big field with no gravestones! but can see the rows of graves! taking the first row will be row 1 and first grave no 1 in each row from the entrance maybe.?

If you get a  grave map it may help overlay an approx aerial view photo impression of the decease's final resting place R I P

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 May 11 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill

I was at St Helen's transport museum yesterday and went to Walton cemetery after. The gate were locked as its Ricelane city farm now.

http://www.foodloversbritain.com/members/Rice-Lane-City-Farm/Rice-Lane-City-Farm/

If you write to them they may help you.

I managed to take a photo of the municipal pauper grave field through the fence, the chapel in the distance, the gate in next posts.

The  field is quite quaint and be nice for a tree photo.

Dobby

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 16 May 11 14:27 BST (UK) »
The field does not look much but its it!

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 16 May 11 14:28 BST (UK) »