Author Topic: galashiels scotland cemetery records  (Read 41018 times)

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: galashiels scotland cemetery records
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to locate the burial place of Robert Aimers who is mentioned in Robert Hall's book, "The History of Galashiels".

Apparently he made the first cartwheel in the district and his gravestone is said to have a cartwheel on it, according to the book. I'm not sure of his lifespan yet except that it was sometime between 1656 and 1739, possibly died in 1739.

I'm not sure what cemetery he would be buried in, perhaps there was only one at that time?

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Regards Eliza.
BLANCH London, Kent, Cumberland, Sunderland WALTON Cumberland, WILSON Cumberland, New Zealand, GRAHAM Cumbria/USA,  DUNN Woolwich Kent, BLAKE Northumberland HENDERSON Renfrewshire PATERSON Argyllshire HALLAM Surrey BYRNE Dublin, BURNS Glasgow, DENSTON/BARBER Staff., WADMAN Somerset, DALE Middlesex, AIMERS Selkirkshire, BORTHWICK Berwickshire

Offline nkbauer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 14:04 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if you could check to see if a Jane Waugh MS Currie b 1839 in Kilmarnock and died 22 Dec 1910 in Cottage Hospital Galashiels is in your records.
Thank you, Nan
London and Middlesex, England: Loft, Hughes, Walker, Eades, Phair, Hubbard, Bull
Ayrshire, Scotland: Currie,  Gebbie
Argyllshire, Scotland: Clark, McDonald, McCorquodale,
Lanarkshire, Scotland: Allan, Smellie
Renfrewshire, Scotland: Lang, Jack

Offline Oyama

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin

The following are buried in Eastlands Cemetery, I would like to know if there is a stone please.

Charles Clark d. 1901 his wife Joan Paterson Clark nee.Smart  d. 1924 @ Eastlands Cemetery Lodge where her son-in-law William Brown was Sexton also William's wife Margaret d. 1939.

Anita

Offline Mdsa22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 14 January 16 19:12 GMT (UK) »
If possible, can you lookup for Shortreed. There are 10 shown in Galashiels Eastlands St. Peters and 1 shown in Old Ladhope.

Thank you
Garry

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 28 April 18 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin,
I am doing my partners family tree for him,and find that in thee mid 1700' the Sandersons (spelt in diffrent ways) came from galashiels.  I am not from Scotland I am from England so struggle with a lot of the places I have just come across your post to do some look ups. If you are still doing the look- ups ? If so would it be possible for you to look up The surname Sanderson. On a site I have been onto said there were 47 in the Eastland's and 21 in Ladhope.
Regards
Diana
Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Offline Pam Shakespeare

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 02 January 20 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi hoping you could look at the Ladhope cemetery records for the following surnames

Fox
Cairns

Thanking you in advance

Regards
Pam

Offline ahjaybee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 18 June 20 05:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin.  I would appreciate it if you could look up any Bryson family that may be buried there please.  My great grandfather Alexander Bryson died on 19 May 1915.  Thank you so much. 
Raewyn.