Author Topic: Re-use of graves COMPLETED...MANY THANKS  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re-use of graves
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Narelle
My friend is out of town but has replied "Unless something has changed very recently, Cunnamulla Cemetery burial registers are held at the Paroo Shire Council offices in Cunnamulla."

I"ll PM you her details and what she can look up, charges etc.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Little_Nell57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Four generations
    • View Profile
Re: Re-use of graves
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarra

Yes I know he was buried in Cunnamulla as we visited his grave just a few days after learning of his death, and I have a photo that I took of the gravesite.  Unfortunately at that time we were not in a position to have a headstone done, and with the tyranny of distance, and the lack of funds, the job went undone.  I was just a child at the time of his death, and so when I was wanting to get a headstone done, I contacted the council to ascertain the exact whereabouts of his grave only to be told they didn't know, as many of the older graves had been re-used.

Thanks for your PM Dawn.   Will follow up on your suggestion.

Narelle
Bridget Lawler  Ireland?-Tasmania; Moore, Kerrison, Williams, Wilson, Watson, McDonald
Chapman, Symonds, Mortimer, Galbraith

Offline Joyce Stewart

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re-use of graves COMPLETED...MANY THANKS
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 September 17 15:29 BST (UK) »
My grandmother was buried at Cunnamulla in 1963 as well a paupers grave.... I have called Paroo Shire many times to try get a plot number but each time they have another excuse... The last one being that the cemetery had become so overrun with weeds and all markers had to be removed. Bit off there I think about records being well maintained.... Can they not just give me a plot number they should have recorded