Author Topic: Can anything be done from a poor quality negative?  (Read 4223 times)

Offline bagpuss1971

• RootsChat Member
  • Tipton born,Tipton bred.....
    • View Profile
Can anything be done from a poor quality negative?
« on: Saturday 14 May 11 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hello,this may sound a little daft,but I figured if anyone knows a way then they will be here!
The negative isn't a person its of my first dog,an Irish Setter named Suzy. I was about nine when we had her.We didn't have her for long,she was a very poorly dog,and the day that we took her to the vets before we unfortunately had her PTS, I got my dads camera and took a photo,in the house.Being a child I thought that was that, but after eveything had happened and the pics were developed,to my total despair,even to this day,I hadn't put the flash on.So on the pic is the dark shadow of Suzy,the fire lit up,Moms bag in shadow etc.  :'(

We have had Irish Setters ever since,I have four now,but I just long to see my first again.It seems to be impossible,but is there anything that I can do?

bagpuss
Paternal side:
Pickerill,Jenkins,Randle,Wile,Doran,Southwick..

Maternal side:Danks,Smith,Leech,Jarvis,Hunt,Wain...

Areas~Tipton,Wednesbury,Dudley,West Bromwich.....THE BLACK COUNTRY!!!!

Offline cj1992

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anything be done from a poor quality negative?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 May 11 17:01 BST (UK) »
Is there any chance you could scan the negative and post a picture here so that I can see if anything can be done?

Offline bagpuss1971

• RootsChat Member
  • Tipton born,Tipton bred.....
    • View Profile
Re: Can anything be done from a poor quality negative?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 May 11 17:05 BST (UK) »
I have just been reading through the posts about scanning negatives, So I'll find the negative out and have a go.Thank you so much.

bagpuss  :)
Paternal side:
Pickerill,Jenkins,Randle,Wile,Doran,Southwick..

Maternal side:Danks,Smith,Leech,Jarvis,Hunt,Wain...

Areas~Tipton,Wednesbury,Dudley,West Bromwich.....THE BLACK COUNTRY!!!!