Author Topic: Connon: Missing Family  (Read 11496 times)

Offline Richard Connon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Connon: Missing Family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 March 12 02:55 GMT (UK) »
I have found a marriage and birth in Argentina which is too coincidental for it not to be connected.  As it was 1952/53 - the persons may still be living so I am sending the info by pm

The index on the link below has a Robert (H) Connon leaving London for Argentina in 1929 and again in 1938

http://www.ancestorsonboard.com/HomePageController.action

Robert Hugh Connon was my father.  Who is this looking for the connection with Argentina. Maybe I can help.

Offline Rob B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 12 March 12 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard,

I posted the last message before yours. 

My interest in this family is that William Connon who married Isabella Stephenson/Stevenson was the son of Jane Burr from my family.

I have corresponded quite a bit over the years with "Windsor87" - he is a descendant of William Connon's next brother, George Connon (1867 - 1909).

There is too much explanation to try and include on this message Board. 
 However, if you go to the following link and click on my name, you will get my email address and I will send a detailed email to you

http://genforum.genealogy.com/connon/messages/23.html

Regards,

Rob

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 12 March 12 15:50 GMT (UK) »
I have found a marriage and birth in Argentina which is too coincidental for it not to be connected.  As it was 1952/53 - the persons may still be living so I am sending the info by pm

The index on the link below has a Robert (H) Connon leaving London for Argentina in 1929 and again in 1938

http://www.ancestorsonboard.com/HomePageController.action

Robert Hugh Connon was my father.  Who is this looking for the connection with Argentina. Maybe I can help.

Hello Richard, great to hear from you.

I started this thread because I was having some difficulty tracking down William Connon (b.1865), who was the brother of my great great grandfather, George Connon. George and William were only 2 of 24 children of William Connon Snr (1841-1915).

I still don't know what became of William Connon (b.1865) - only that his family emigrated to Argentina. I have no idea if he emigrated, or if he died before his family moved. Would you know anything about the family emigration (granted it was 100 years ago)?

regards
Michael
Strachan of Strichen/New Pitsligo - Connon of Turriff - Watt of Pennan - Noble of Broadsea -  Garden of Peterhead - Bryson of Ecclefechan

Offline Richard Connon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 18:50 GMT (UK) »
My mother Ann Shearer (Married to Robert Hugh Connon) is putting together some information.  Will share this with you in a few days. She met Isabella Connon and knows the history behind the Connon's in Argentina. 

Richard

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 13 May 12 22:41 BST (UK) »
My mother Ann Shearer (Married to Robert Hugh Connon) is putting together some information.  Will share this with you in a few days. She met Isabella Connon and knows the history behind the Connon's in Argentina. 

Richard

Hello Richard,

Still looking forward to hearing the story of the Argentine Connons.

Windsor87
Strachan of Strichen/New Pitsligo - Connon of Turriff - Watt of Pennan - Noble of Broadsea -  Garden of Peterhead - Bryson of Ecclefechan

Offline Franca Villa

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 09 June 12 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

You have definitely been on the right track in search of William Connon's descendants, including myself. There are 29 currently living, scattered about USA, Ireland, Canada, Argentina and Spain.

HOWEVER, William himself abandoned his wife Isabella and the 4 children at some time before the year 1908. They never saw him again, and moved, without him, to Argentina. It is believed he went to live first in Canada and then the USA where he apparently settled in the area of Chicago. So quite probably there are more of his descendants via that connection.

Another bit of gossip is that William married 15-yr-old Isabella in 1894, six weeks before the birth of their first son.

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 09 June 12 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Franca,

Thanks for your reply.
Who would've thought it!? Another scoundrel amongst the Connon family!

Thanks for the information - very interesting - although I fear this may make it more difficult to track down William himself. No wonder he has been one of these people who seem to drop off the face of the planet.

How are you connected to William? Do you know Richard?

regards
Windsor87

Offline Robin Orchard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 04 February 18 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Dear Windsor87, I have just registered with Roots because I am looking for news of Eddie and Jaqueline Connon, address Arenales 1722 Martinez, Buenos Aires.  We knew them in Venezuela in the 1960s and Jacqueline was godmother to one of our twin sons.  It seems from your post that they are dead, but I should love know more and be able to get in touch with one of their children.  Having just joined Roots, I have to post twice more before you can reply.  Here's hoping.  Orchard Robin

Hello again,

I've found a tree with Charles Edward Connon in it.
He was born 16 Aug 1929 in Nottingham, and died 4 Aug 2007 in Buenos Aires. It also gives the details of his wife (now deceased) who he married in 1955.

I have sent a message to the owner of the tree so will hopefully get a reply.

regards
Windsor87