Author Topic: PI N.K., Hereford - Where Could This Be?!  (Read 10210 times)

Offline threemacks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PI N.K., Hereford - Where Could This Be?!
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 January 15 02:50 GMT (UK) »
My husband was born in Mexico with the last name of Mackintosh.  We have information on Thomas Mackintosh and one of his sons who came from England with him.  We finally made the connection to England/Scotland last spring when we Googled "Thomas Mackintosh and Guadalupe y Calvo". We found a reference in the Gentleman's Quarterly that had his name in connection with the marriage of his daughter.  Would be happy to share information with you if you would be interested.

Offline Nostalgic_One

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 February 15 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your message ThreeMacks.  I have a tree on Ancestry called 'The Mackintosh Family Of Totteridge Lodge,' which may well be of interest to you.  Members of the family who are known to have migrated to Mexico from London are Ewen Clark Mackintosh, his brother Henry Alexander Mackintosh and their nephew William Lyster Hay Mackintosh.
Mackintosh - originating from the parish of St. Martin in the Fields, Westminster in the late 1700s and extending to Greater London, Scotland, Jersey and Mexico.

Offline threemacks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 February 15 01:20 GMT (UK) »
I have reviewed your tree quite a few times. I have a tree on Ancestry.com as well.  You are welcome to view it too.  Mackintosh Family Tree is the name of it.  Thomas and his son William both came to Mexico in the northern part. They owned a mine there in Guadalupe y Calvo, Chihuahua.  They built a mint there. It is high in the mountains in southern Chihuahua. We have been there and photographed. It has been turned into a federal prison so we were only able to take photos of the outside. I need to take pictures of my old photos so I can load them on Ancestry. 

Offline Nostalgic_One

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 February 15 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your message and I you have found my tree useful.  You must mean William Henry Pead Mackintosh?  How fascinating.  I don't currently have paid membership to Ancestry.  I hope to do so again in future however. 
Mackintosh - originating from the parish of St. Martin in the Fields, Westminster in the late 1700s and extending to Greater London, Scotland, Jersey and Mexico.