Author Topic: Bridget Fitzpatrick  (Read 10271 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Fitzpatrick
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 January 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Yes Hallmark thats how i found him by just using the name Oliver
dont see him on Census if he's Irish

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 January 18 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Yes Hallmark thats how i found him by just using the name Oliver
dont see him on Census if he's Irish

Yes, there are only the two Olivers and he doesn't appear in any other barracks.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline cmred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 January 18 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Hope we can help one another here. My third great grand parents where Michael & Maria O'Neil nee Fitzpartick, and l believe her Parents where Timothy & Bridget Fitzpatrick nee Lawlor. I have Maria's marriage certificate but it is very hard to read the names exactly as to who they are. l don't know a lot on my third great grandparents and l'm hoping to find someone who can help me in finding out as much info as possible.
Are you related to the Fitzpatrick family, and are you living in Australia,

I am related to the Fitzpatrick family as Bridget Mills nee Fitzpatrick was my great grandmother. I live in the UK
Hope to hear from you soon

Sue
Geelong Australia

Offline cmred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 21 January 18 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Wonder why Robert Mills does not appear on 1922 Irish Army Census
looking at the marriage Sinann posted the witness is Oliver Cairns
Oliver Cairns married Alice Brophy age 17 dtr of Timothy Brophy on Jan 29th 1922 with a witness Mary Brophy.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1922/09196/5326614.pdf

Oliver Cairns appears as Oliver Kearns age 21 in 1922 Costume Barracks Wife Alice 13 O'Molloy St,Tullamore
however his name is scratched through with reference see 36066 which possibly means he appears on another page or Barracks ?
http://census.militaryarchives.ie/pdf/Custume_Barracks_Athlone_Page_146.pdf
Wow! my dad and his wife ( not my mum-long story) lived in O Molloy Street His aprents also liced in O'Molloy Street

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 January 18 11:31 GMT (UK) »
The Mills marriage was in April 1922 and his address is the Curragh.
According to this the Curragh was handed over on 16 May 1922.
So perhaps he was British Army at the time of the marriage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curragh_Camp

The sons birth cert would be handy, see what his occupation was at that stage.

Offline Laing

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 September 19 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hoping someone can help. looking for any family of Bridget Fitzpatrick from Moystown. Parents Bridget ( nee Lawlor ) father Timothy Fitzpatrick. Parish of Tissarn. Kings County Co Offally.

Bridget emigrated to Australia in 1850/1852 followed by brothers James, Kieran and Mary. Brothers occupation was registered as farmers.
Many thanks

My great great grandparents were Timothy and Bridget. Bernard was my great grandfather and arrived with Kieran =BERNARD FITZPATRICK arrived in  from Kings County, Ireland on the ship "Glen Isla" on the 2nd July, 1857. Bernard was 20 years of age and was accompanied by his brother Keiran , who was 26. They were two of four children registered in Ferbane, County Offaly,(then called Kings County) Ireland to Timothy Fitzpatrick and Bridget Lawlor.Bridget and Mary had arrived by 1855.  We have never found Mary but have Bridget, Bernard and Kieran in our family tree.

Offline cmred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 June 20 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
Hope we can help one another here. My third great grand parents where Michael & Maria O'Neil nee Fitzpartick, and l believe her Parents where Timothy & Bridget Fitzpatrick nee Lawlor. I have Maria's marriage certificate but it is very hard to read the names exactly as to who they are. l don't know a lot on my third great grandparents and l'm hoping to find someone who can help me in finding out as much info as possible.

I live in the UK, I believe I am related to the Fitzparicks of Tullamore, I'm struggling with getting to grips with all this. My grandparents were Bridget and Timothy Brophy, as far as I can see, my great grandparents were Fitzpatricks
Are you related to the Fitzpatrick family, and are you living in Australia,

I am related to the Fitzpatrick family as Bridget Mills nee Fitzpatrick was my great grandmother. I live in the UK
Hope to hear from you soon

Sue
Geelong Australia

I live in the UK, I believe I am related to the Fitzparicks of Tullamore, I'm struggling with getting to grips with all this. My grandparents were Bridget and Timothy Brophy, as far as I can see, my great grandparents were Fitzpatricks