Author Topic: HUTTOUN -DUNFERMLINE  (Read 2388 times)

Offline pat77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HUTTOUN -DUNFERMLINE
« on: Tuesday 17 May 11 19:25 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help with any information about Troyallus/Troylus Huttoun/Hootone/Hutton? He married Bessie Stevin on 29th January 1639 in Dunfermline. They had 3 children James, Margaret and Johne. Pat :)

Offline buckhyne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • James Lawrie & Mary Ann Watson (1878)
    • View Profile
Re: HUTTOUN -DUNFERMLINE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

On my computer I have a copy of the Parish Register of Dunfermline (1561-1700) published in 1911 by the Scottish Record Society.

Page 143.
Patrick Stevin and Margaret Drummond had Bessie 3rd March, 1611.
This MAY be your Bessie.

Page 295
Troyalus Hutone to Bessie Stevin married 29th January, 1639

Page 303
Troylus Hutone and Bessie Stevin had John: witnesses James Wardlaw, John Lindsay, James Hutone 8th March, 1640

Page 320
Troyollus Hutton in Wester Pitdinny and Bessie Stevin had James: witnesses John Lindsay, John Peirson, James Hutton 24th April, 1642

I went back 20-30 years before his marriage to try and find his birth but there is nothing. I looked for any name similar to his but the only one I found beginning with a T was a Thomas Hutton.

There was nothing in the book regarding the birth of his daughter Margaret.
Lawrie name in Fife (and elsewhere) with all its various spellings.

Offline pathas66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUTTOUN -DUNFERMLINE
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 July 16 19:37 BST (UK) »
Troyollus Huton, I have a record for a son called James who married Issobell Ramsay, they had 2 sons Francis & William my Hutton's line comes from him, his grandson Benjamin moved to Gateshead then his son Benjamin joined the Moravian community at Fulneck, Leeds 4 generations later my mother was born in 1913 Kathleen in Wilmslow....she married a my father Stuart Glass who was from Edinburgh where I was born in 1950.
As far as I can work out Troyollus's father was a James Huton in Balmerino