Author Topic: Bar fight leading to death, London circa 1890s  (Read 7325 times)

Offline droops

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bar fight leading to death, London circa 1890s
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 May 11 09:35 BST (UK) »
Have you tried searching newspapers? I found the Times Archive quite useful, but you have to pay for it. Cant remember the name, but a London paper might also help.

Offline hoolianama0508

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 01:51 BST (UK) »
I am going to check the newspapers as well, it can't hurt.

I received some information on the lost locket with said Albert Nash photo inside. He was wearing a "pillbox" hat and a military uniform. The photo was very small and only showed his upper body.

I Googled Albert Nash and came up with a few possibilities. The FindMyPast web site had a listing for an A. Nash's death while enlisted in The Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment) 1899-1902 .

Another source had a listing for Albert Nash enlisted in the Commander in Chief's Bodyguard colonial unit of the Boer War of 1899-1902.

I am hoping that research can confirm if either individual is connected to my search. Since we don't have much information on him, I am assuming that he died just around the turn of the century.
Agard, Cook, Earwaker, Garbitt, Gascoine, Greaves, Griffith, Stephenson,

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 April 17 03:00 BST (UK) »
My 2 x Great Grandmother lived in Fifteen Foot Lane after her husband's death in 1869. She was Mary Sarah Mawson. There were another family of Mawson in the lane at the same time, have to assume they were relatives. Also there was Susan Sirkett who brought up her two Grandchildren, Louisa and Alfred Brooks in Fifteen Foot Lane following the death of both her daughter and son in law.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 April 17 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo,

Hoolianama hasn't been on RC for over a yr but will hopefully receive a notification if their email is still the same to which they can reply?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 April 17 06:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo,

Hoolianama hasn't been on RC for over a yr but will hopefully receive a notification if their email is still the same to which they can reply?

Annie

Things can trickle in over the years. The knowledge of the Brooks children came to me only when I discovered that my many times cousin had illegitimate twins to a member of the Brooks family and I wondered if there was a connection. I think so, but will probably never be able to prove it. Kind regards

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 April 17 07:26 BST (UK) »
Previously it was stated the two older girls were by Albert Nash, however using the new GRO index I found the following:
Louisa Nash Routh, 1887 M Quarter Vol 01B page 297 Islington, no mothers name listed

Rose Margaret Akers 1888 Islington Dec Quarter Vol 01B page 297 mother maiden name Routh
Alice Maud Akers 1891 Holborn M Quarter vol 01B page 755 mother maiden name Routh