Author Topic: Michael Dwyer Siblings  (Read 35681 times)

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dwyer Siblings
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 November 11 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Dermot

In relation to Elizabeth Keogh (Lizzie)

I have found marriage for an Elizabeth Keogh Oct-Dec 1924
Baltinglass, Vol 2 Page 165, but there is no else listed on this page only Elizabeth

Marriage for Thomas Donohoe and Elizabeth Flood Oct - Dec 1924, Baltinglass, Vol 2 Page 163

Is it possible that Lizzie Keogh was married before she married Thomas Donohoe and first husband died

I have found marriage for Elizabeth Keogh marriage to James Flood July - Sept 1918, Baltinglass, Vol 2 Page 349

Trust me these could be possibilites - have already had in my own family trees.

Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
Dwyer - Carlow and Wicklow
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Noctor/Naughter - Wexford tarahill
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Wafer - Wexford and Dublin
Whelan - Carlow

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 November 11 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula

You're spot on.  Lizzie was a widow when she married Tom Donohoe.  She had been married to James Flood previously.  I originally only knew the surname of her first husband, through information from my late mother, but found the same details you did when searching on FamilySearch.org.  I'm afraid I haven't taken research on this side of the family much further yet - I've been preoccupied with my wife's family lately.  I'm hoping eventually to establish a relationship through the Donohoes to the sister of Michael Dwyer on the basis of the information you provided about her marriage to a Donohoe.  Since Tom Donohoe was Lizzie Keogh's first cousin, it would be a blood relationship - if I can establish it.
Thanks for your efforts on my behalf.  I will revert in due course.
Best regards
Dermot
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 November 11 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula

Prompted by your recent posts, I did a little research on Rootsireland and found the Thomas Donoghue-Jane Keogh church marriage record in  November 1891.  She was, indeed, the sister of my great grandfather Michael Keogh.  Happily, the marriage record lists both her parents, John Keogh and Julia Smyth.  I already had them for Michael, so it is conclusive.  I found the baptismal record for Thomas's and Jane's  son Thomas in September 1895 so you were right, back in May, in identifying the family in the 1901 census when young Thomas was listed as 5 years old.  The marriage record shows that Thomas Senior's parents were Patrick Donoghue and Anna Whelan.  This gives me a step back towards (hopefully) one of the Donoghues you listed as descended from Michael Dwyer's sister Catherine.  Unfortunately, I haven't been successful in finding a marriage record on Rootsireland for Patrick and Anna so far.  I may have better luck on FamilySearch. 
Thanks for getting me back on the track of this side of the family.  I will let you know if I discover any more.
Best regards
Dermot
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 10 December 11 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula

Since my last post, I've done a little more digging online but without success.  Patrick Donoghue's marriage to Anne Whelan did not show up on FamilySearch either.  It was probably before civil registration began.  I also tried to track down some of the Donoghues you listed in your post last May (reply #4 in this thread) on Rootsireland.  I tried the marriages (Catherine Dwyer + Laurence Donoghue, John Donoghue + Mary Ann Shepherd, Patrick Donoghue + Mary O'Hara) plus some of the more exotically-named children (Robina, Theophilus and Augusta) all to no avail.  I'm wondering now if you have any note on your sources for the information you set out in the reply last May.  If so, I would love to get the information.  I think my only other option at this stage would be to pursue the church records in the National Library on the off-chance that the transcriptions on the Rootsireland Wicklow website are incomplete.
Regards
Dermot 

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 11 December 11 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dermot
In relation to my reply last May my source for the info was someone in Australia, but it was a very long time ago, nearly 10 years ago. I will keep looking

But I have just found this while surfing this morning in relation to Catherine Dwyer and Lawrence Donoghoe,

http://www.williamdavidson.com/wc55/wc55_208.html

Regards

Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Whelan - Carlow

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 11 December 11 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula

Many thanks for your reply.  The link you found is great.  Unfortunately, it seems to knock the notion of a connection through the Donoghue side on the head since the descendants of Catherine Dwyer and Lawrence Donoghue all seem to have ended up in Australia rather than staying in Wicklow.  It's difficult to see how there could be a connection between them and the Donoghues in my family.  I think I will have to explore the possibility of a connection through the other Dwyer sisters you listed, Esther or, more likely, Mary.  From a quick search on Rootsireland, however, it is not looking very hopeful.
I will let you know if I find anything.
Thanks again for your help.  Best regards.
Dermot

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 December 11 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dermot
Don't give up !!!! Are you sure its on your mothers side.

Example : I was given info by mam (both my parents alive and very with it) re her grandmother and she told me her grandmother was Jane White (maiden name) for years i was reasearching on a dead end, and finally made a break and her maiden name was quinn.

I do see from previous posts that the surnames Keogh and White are mentioned. From what I can remember and I am going back to research I done over 9 years ago Keogh/Kehoe and White are in the Michael Dwyer family.

Again I think my link is to Michael Dwyer's father,  John (michael) Dwyer and who his brothers were but have not come up with anything on his father except he married Mary Byrne, and he was prob born 1738 to 1748 wicklow.

My links are on my mothers side

My grandfather was Michael Whelan b. carlow and  grandmother Jane Whelan b. wexford nee noctor

My grandfather (above) Michael whelan's, father and mother were
Patrick Whelan and Anne Dwyer both b. carlow.

Anne Dwyer (above) my great grandmother, her parents were Patrick Dwyer and Ellen Doran. Patrick and Ellen married 15/6/1852.  Ellen Doran was from Seskin but I think this is carlow seskinryan maybe.

Have not got marriage cert this info was kindly supplied to me a long time ago .

Anne Dwyer was born 24/3/1861 and bap 31/3/1861 in parish of Bagnalstown sponsors John Doyle and Margaret Byrne. (have copy of bap cert supplied by relative)

Patrick Dwyer her father is the link to Michael Dwyer and I think he may have been born aprox 1825.

I know above are all born in carlow but people did move about wicklow, carlow wexford.

Regards
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin
Clifford - Dublin
May - Dublin
Moore - Dublin
Rooney - Dublin
Rossiter - Wexford
Whelan - Carlow

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula
Interesting to hear that Keogh and White are in the Dwyer family.  Once I saw that one of Michael Dwyer's sisters married a Donoghue I thought that was the connection to my mother's (Keogh) family.  I hadn't considered a more direct connection with the Keogh's and I haven't pursued the White side at all.  So there is hope yet!  Many thanks for the information and encouragement.
Best regards
Dermot

Offline genseacher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Dermot
I am just checking in with you to see if you have got any further
with your Michael Dwyer research.

Regards
Genseacher
Byrne - Wexford
Carey - Dublin