Author Topic: Michael Dwyer Siblings  (Read 35679 times)

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dwyer Siblings
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm afraid I got nowhere in tracing the relationship. I searched through the Dunlavin records in the microfilms at the National Library but had no luck there.  I also searched for Keogh/Dwyer and White/Dwyer marriages on rootsireland but I couldn't make a connection between the ones I found and my Keogh and White relatives in the Glen of Imaal.  Part of the problem Is that I have found it difficult to take my Keogh and White relations back beyond the middle of the 1800s, the available records being so patchy.
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline Andy Goss

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Paula

I know its been a while since this thread has been active.

At the moment I am researching the Dwyer side of my family as my Grandmother was Julia Dwyer from Rathmore near Rathvilly in Carlow.

Geographically Rathmore is about 8 miles from Baltinglass and I know Camara is around the same on the Wicklow side of Baltinglass.

Paula is there any chance that Michael Dwyer's' family had links to near Rathvilly?

Kind regards

Andy

Offline kerryfran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 14 October 16 05:36 BST (UK) »
Is it too late to get into this conversation?  For many years, I have been searching for a link to Michael Dwyer, probably through his wife, Mary Doyle. I cannot find anything about the Doyle family but am really keen for help.  My 3xgreat grandfather, Patrick Doyle, was transported to NSW in 1813 as a political prisoner.  I have a small reason to think that he could have been a brother of Mary Doyle Dwyer.  Also, reading all the above, I know that a granddaughter of Patrick Doyle married a great-grandson of Catherine Dwyer Donoghoe ... Sarah Florence Doyle married Edward James Maloney in Sydney in 1891. They are buried at Waverley Cemetery.  I would love to share some other names and information to find some links .... I also have James Doyle husband of Margaret McDonnell and John O'Neill husband of Mary O'Byrne .. all from Wicklow.

Offline Uncommon_name93

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 08 November 18 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I was wondering if you found the answers you needed as I recently have been researching about my family past and Michael Dwyer is multiple times over my grandfather

Offline kerryfran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 09 November 18 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Still no evidence of a relationship but another anecdote ... Patrick's daughter, Mary Anne, and her husband, John Anlezark, lived and worked on the Dwyer Farm at Liverpool after their marriage.  Mary Dwyer (nee Doyle) was Mary Anne's Godmother and James Dwyer, son of Michael and Mary, was her godfather.  Are you able to give me any names and places with which I can compare stories. Kerry

Offline Pat Donoghoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 07 January 19 03:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am direct descendant of Lawrence Donoghoe / Catherine Dwyer. My line is through Patrick D and Annie O'hara who lived in Bungendore NSW (Australia).  my email is now (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Jodie Vincent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 16:38 BST (UK) »
Catherine Donoghoe (Dwyer) and Laurence Donoghoe are my 5th grandparents. I hope this information is of some help.

Peter Dwyer son of Michael Dwyer and Mary Doyle married Mary Darley White 1814-1871Mary father Japhet White.

Records in Australia Monaro District spell Keogh- Keough and McKeough

Ellen Keough married James Keough.  2 daughters on record Mrs J Flood and Margaret Keough.

Margaret White 1833-1905 father William White mother Catherine? Married Denis Nolan 1829-1899

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 12:32 BST (UK) »
I am sorry that dermo has not replied to the new members posting on this thread, he was online only a few days ago.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 13:51 BST (UK) »
I haven't replied to the recent posts for the simple reason that I have no specific information to offer. As I related in #27 of May 2013, my enquiries got nowhere. None of my Glen of Imaal relatives emigrated to Australia (or anywhere further than Dublin) so I have no connections over there. In any event, I subsequently learned that the information that got me started on trying to trace a link to Michael Dwyer was probably inaccurate. 
The book "The Rebel of Glenmalure" by George Cargeeg (1988) has information on Michael Dwyer's Australian descendants.  An article by Paul Gorry, "The Family of Michael Dwyer" in the Journal of the West Wicklow Historical Society (vol 1, 1983-84) has information on his Irish relatives. I think both should be available in the National Library.
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.