Author Topic: Belgium - Van De Cauter  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Carlak76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Belgium - Van De Cauter
« on: Friday 20 May 11 06:47 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I'm Trying to find information about my Van De Cauter family. After lots of research I found some information about my great- great- grandparents : Joannes Francies Van de Cauter and Sophie Van Wassenhove married 30/10/1844 in Eke Belgium( http://www.vvfdeinze.be/huwelijkenEKE.html ). Unfortunatelly, I only found their marriage date,  but I would like to know a bit more about them (place of birth, date) and their son, my great- grandfather (I cannot find anything about him: Camillus Van De Cauter Married to Emma De Volder or Devolder, both of them emmigrated to Argentina).
I've tried with Family search and other sites but the only place I could find about my family was on a belgian site, but the problem is I don't understand the language so I cannot go into further.
If anybody could  help or guide me with a site , or tell me another one ( a belgian one or whatever) I would really appretiate it.
Thanks a lot.

Offline BelgianAncestry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Local Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium - Van De Cauter
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
Looking at the original marriage record of 1841 and the birth record of 1819: the marriage of 30 Oct 1841 in Eke is correct.
Joannes Franciscus Van De Cauter, miller, born in Asper on 9 Feb 1819 (Asper is a village in the Belgian province of East Flanders, and nowadays joined with the village of Gavere) son of Joannes Baptiste Van De Cauter a weaver living in Zingem (same region); and of Marie Catharine De Vrieze who died in Zingem 20 July 1833. 
His wife was Sophie Van Wassenhove, 25 yo in 1841, spinster, born 4 Sept 1818, daughter of Martinus Van Wassenhove and Marie Maereman, both deceased in Eke before 1841.
Could find out more.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 11:25 BST (UK) »

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 11:38 BST (UK) »
The original poster was last online on 7th October 2012 :-\

No guarantees that they still use the same email address; and therefore may not know of your replies?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline BelgianAncestry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Local Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 11:48 BST (UK) »
Well if queries aren't flagged "closed" or "completed" or "Thank you I know enough now" :D then I presume that the one entering the question is still waiting for a reply. Maybe the system could be changed to auto-flag queries older than x years as "archived"?

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 12:20 BST (UK) »
I share your frustration! ;D

But often I will check the user's profile, and check when they were last online?

Helaas! Sommige mensen zijn gewoon idioten! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 August 18 11:50 BST (UK) »
You never know. I answered to a few old topics on ancestry.com/boards (5 to 10 years old) and the original posters replied.