Author Topic: HORE Family Photo's (Roche, St Austell, Cornwall)  (Read 14092 times)

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
HORE Family Photo's (Roche, St Austell, Cornwall)
« on: Tuesday 26 April 05 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Guys

I have found a whole host of photos of the family HORE who resided in Roche, St Austell, Cornwall.

Here are some details.

They lived at Albany House.  Stanley HORE and Lillie.  Stanley died around July 1963 as I have a receipt for services rendered in connection with her late husbands estate.

Photos addressed to Aunt Lillie from Sally, Susan.

Christmas Card from Daphne, Pete

Postcard from Velma.

Photo of Brians house - Isle of Sheppy.

If any of these names ring a bell then drop me a line.

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hodge

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: HORE Family Photo's (Roche, St Austell, Cornwall)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 October 05 17:59 BST (UK) »
my x husbands family name is hore, they came from St Austell,maybe a connection.I'm trying to get hold of them to get more info,thanks jen

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 October 05 20:36 BST (UK) »
Ok I still have them, let me know when you find out.

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Local Yokel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 October 05 10:52 BST (UK) »
A realtive of mine married a Percy Hore and they lived at Greensplat a small hamlet in between Roche and St.Austell.

Don't know if you have anything relating to him or his wife, I think she was called either Emily or Edith, maiden name Barry.

Many thanks.

Phil, the local yokel.
The Barry name so far traced back to Richard Barry at Morwenstow Cornwall, born 28/08/1757.  Also looking for information on Phillipa Bonettah married Richard 1783, Margaret Tippet married William 1819 and Mary Hicks married Edward John 1888.

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 October 05 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil

Sorry none of those names match up.  Not to say that there isn't a connection?

Paul

Offline keweenaw49950

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 November 05 12:19 GMT (UK) »
I'm new to this list and was pleased to see the Hoar/Hore/Davey lines.  My connection, William Hore Davey, left Cornwall in the 1860's so the photos wouldn't contain any of my family but I would be interested in following through on other aspects.

Thanks for posting the information about the pictures. 

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 November 05 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Where was your William from?

My Hoare family comes from Liskeard.

I'm stuck on a Thomas Hoare at the moment.

I have a whole load of info on Davey families, mainly St Neot and St Cleer.

Paul

Offline keweenaw49950

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 November 05 17:55 GMT (UK) »
My great-grandfather, William Hore Davey, was born in St. Austell in 1838.  His mother's name was Jenepher Hore, born 1804.  The family evidently came from near Roche.  There  is a farm there called Mollinis that they lived on sometime in the 1700s.

William H. Davey's father's name was also William.  I think he was born in Sheviock.  My great-grandfather married Selina Metherell in Tavistock in 1863.  By the 1870 census, they were living in Calumet, Michigan, USA.  He died there in 1898.  He was a copper miner in Cornwall, Devon, and Michigan. 

I also had family from St. Cleer but their last name was Jeffery. 

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 06 November 05 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I can't find a connection yet between our two Davey's.

All mine were mainly Liskeard.

I will let you know if I come up with something.