Author Topic: Looking for parents of Ellen Cleron/ McLernan & Henry Creaney  (Read 3416 times)

Offline annie67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for parents of Ellen Cleron/ McLernan & Henry Creaney
« on: Saturday 21 May 11 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to trace the parents of Ellen Cleron also spelt McLernan/McLaren & Henry Creaney / Craney & also trying to work out if I've identified two brothers.

Ellen married Henry in Lurgan on 2 Nov 1849.  There's no record of parents name on the marriage record.  They had following children - Hugh(1855), Mary (1860), James (1860), John (1863), Henry (1866), George (1868), & Elizabeth 1871.  Mainly born in Halftown or Kilmore.   In these records Ellen's name is mainly recorded as Cleron / Cleran.

Son John marries Mary McCann - in Glasgow in 1890 & has at least the following children - Henry, Ellen, Mary, Sarah, Elizabeth.  Mary is sent back to lurgan & brought up by I think John's sister Mary (married to a Felix Corey).

Meanwhile there is a Henry Creaney who marries a Sarah McCann (no relation to John's wife) in Lurgan in 1891.  He moves to Glasgow & has Hugh, Lizzie, Mary, Goerge.  Hugh is sent back to Lurgan & brought up by Creaney relatives & later Lizzie is sent back to McCann relatives as sarah dies in 1910.  Henry dies in Glasgow in 1941 and on his death certificate his parents are Henry Creaney & Helen Healley.  However his death is not registered by relatives & I wonder if his mother's surname is incorrect & that he and John are actually brothers?

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of Ellen Cleron/ McLernan & Henry Creaney
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 11:52 BST (UK) »
Sio59 -  Are these people some of yours??
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline annie67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemary,

Sio69 & I are related and this info is a joint exercise between us.  Given the combination of names we're trying to work out the connection between these families with our family tree & whether this will give us one of the missing links particularly on the McLernon side. 

all the best,

Annie

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 May 11 10:11 BST (UK) »
I share a relation with Sio.  One of my McConnells (Margaret) married William McAlernon.
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline annie67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 May 11 14:30 BST (UK) »
My link with Sio is that my ancestor Hugh is a brother of William McAlernon/McLernon.  Good to hear from you.

A