Author Topic: james keddie izatt  (Read 2918 times)

Offline scotty120

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
james keddie izatt
« on: Monday 23 May 11 20:33 BST (UK) »
hi all my great gran father came from fife Scotland he got divorced and moved to queens garden an nitsford longbent on gosforth he died Feb 5Th 1945 i think he remarried a on his death certificate it says it was his daughter who registered his death but the name given is illegable and i cant find a marrage certificate for his second marrage or one for his daughter can anyone help

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: james keddie izatt
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:44 BST (UK) »
2nd wife's name?  Daughter's name?
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scotty120

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:48 BST (UK) »
not sure cant read whats on the death certificate it looks like o greenwell address given is 89 edgeway road newcastle upon tyne

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:55 BST (UK) »
Who did he marry originally?  The more information you can give the better.  What children do you know about?
Andrea

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 May 11 22:44 BST (UK) »
From freebmd ,

James K Izatt , death registered March 1945 aged 78, Northumberland
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline scotty120

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 11:33 BST (UK) »
thankyou all for the help
all i know about James keddie izatt is that he divorced my great gran who reverted back to her maiden name Thomson he had 3 sons one was my gran dad and the other two emigrated to America he also had a daughter who remained in Scotland and lived and died in dunfermilne
 JKI  moved down to annitsford longbenton gosforth to work in the mines as he was a coal cutter and on his death certificate he was 67 and died on Feb 5Th 1945 he is buried in st johns cemetery newcastle upon tyne i don't think he died at home as it says he died at a place B****BANK cant read what it says properly as with the name of his daughter who registered his death it looks like O GREENWELL OR O GRENVELL
I was wondering if there was any mention off his death in any off the old newspapers or if anyone can tell me what papers where in print at that time i think one was the gazette

Offline scotty120

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 June 11 16:46 BST (UK) »
update on James keddie izatt found his obituary in the local paper at newcastle central library says his wife was called Hilda manage to find out what his daughters married name was from the 1945 electoral roll she is olive m grunwell married to a Albert e grunwell they lived at 89 edgeware road newcastle but can not find a marriage certificate or death certificate for olive and albert like wise can not find a marrage certificate or death certificate for Hilda izatt that's if they married i only had time to spend the day in newcastle so was unable to look up the electoral roll for the address off James keddie izatt who stayed at 11 queens gardens annisford to see what names are on it can any one help

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 04:14 BST (UK) »
Who did he marry originally? What children do you know about?

An old post although may help others.

James Keddie Izatt's birth;

IZATT JAMES KEDDIE 1877
689/ 236 Inveresk and Musselburgh

Marriage;

IZATT JAMES & THOMSON ISA 1895
426/ 40 Dysart (Fife)

1st wife (Death)

IZATT ISABELLA SIMPSO 41
447/2 8
Windygates (Fife)

THOMSON ISABELLA SIMPSO (Matching Ref. as above)

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
Just in case you might not have burial info ...

Entry No: 84461
'Izatt James Keddie'
Burial date: 8 February 1945
Male
67 years
11 Queen's Gardens, Annitsford
Volume 12
Section: Not clear looks like either O or D followed by some small unreadable letters
Grave: 862
15 down 4 last
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner