Author Topic: charlotte ring  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Mark Foot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: charlotte ring
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Nan, I wonder if you habe any further thoughts as this is very strange with the children's names being in the same order? I am trying to confirm all my gt gt gt grandparents and any help with the Ring's would be most helpful.  Kind regards Mark

Offline Mark Foot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Nan, I also wonder if you can find anything about Robert Ring (king) as they might throw up a clue to Charlotte's parents. I wonder if you have access to charlotte and george's wedding details as it might show the father's name.
Kind regards  Mark

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry has the  Banns record for  a  Charlotte  Ring and George Higgins both  of  Bradford  Abbas Parish    on 8th, 15th  and 23rd  Feb 1862   but  can't  see  a marriage ,   I notice  on an earlier post,  re a   census that   the grandson  had the   middle  initial  of  H 

Offline Mark Foot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 13:57 GMT (UK) »
I have noticed that on Charlotte's wedding to George Higgins that no father's name hzs been given and also with her younger sibling that no father's name is given. It is just very strange that the names are almost identical for the children on the census as those of Robert and Susan!

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Ah   no wonder I  couldn't  see  a marriage  Charlotte  surname   has  been mistranscribed as  REAY,    marriage was  on 26  Feb 1863  no  Fathers details were given for Charlotte    one of the witnesses was Jane Ring 

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Robert  Ring    married  Sarah Read in 1843 in Bradford  Abbas ,  Roberts father is given as  Mark Ring,  Carpenter

Robert and  Susan( Susannah)   are siblings   see  Claire  T's  post   on this thread   1841    census didn't  give relationships,   as well  as the  adult ages being   out   

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 15:30 GMT (UK) »
many thanks. George H , may well be for George Higgins as Charlotte married George Higgins. I am still confused that it appears Robert's and sister's Susan have some children with identical names, in order and approx same ages. I wonder if there is any possibility that her children were cared for by her brother or something else?

Thanks Mark

Offline Mark Foot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Claire you've been a big help. I got confused over the children of susan and robert but all okay now. Thanks Mark

Offline Mark Foot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 22:38 GMT (UK) »
The 1841 census shows  a robert and susan king with the info tying up with my charlotte ring and her siblings and mother. Any thoughts please about a possible marriage to a robert that the 1841 census suggests and if so then susan's marriage details? I am rather confused about thatand about a possible brother robert born 1811.