Author Topic: William and Isaac Hardy, Loughgall  (Read 11900 times)

Offline Martin50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William and Isaac Hardy, Loughgall
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 23:28 BST (UK) »
Wee Hugh,

Thanks alot for all  the info on Isaac Hardy.

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon, great grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: William and Isaac Hardy, Loughgall
« Reply #19 on: Friday 31 October 14 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am trying to find out something about the Hardy family of Loughgall. I have only just discovered my connection to them this week, when I found a letter in PRONI from Hugh Faulkner to his brother, about the merits of a young Jack Montgomery as suitor to their sister Nancy. This letter was written in 1767. He said that Jack's parents were unmarried, the father was Will Montgomery who eloped with the woman who became Jack's mother. This woman's brother was called John Hardy of Loughgall. As Jack Montgomery was born in 1747, I surmise that this may have been John Hardy b. 1719, d. 1775. Can anyone tell me who his sister was so I can put a name to my 7x great grandmother? Any information on this new branch of my family tree would be welcome!
Thanks
Mary
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.