Author Topic: Elizabeth Gough  (Read 4453 times)

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Gough
« on: Wednesday 25 May 11 23:56 BST (UK) »
Ancestral sites and Pedigrees have her as being married in 1693 to Colonel James Roche "The Swimmer" parents of Mary Roche, who married Captan Benjamin Greene.
The also seem to have her married to Godfrey Greene in 1682 whose son Benjamin married above Mary Roche
Surely half siblings could not marry?
Can any one put me right on these Elizabeth Goughs?

Offline mickfives

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Gough
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi _ i have only recently discovered the Greene Gough connection.  My Grandmother ( Mary Catherine Greene(Fives) was the last surviving member of the family going back to the marriage of Benjamin Greene & Mary Roch.    Capt Godfrey Greene married 3 times - Cox first from Limerick then two Gough's from Kilmanahan Co Waterford.  Benjamin Greene was the only child of the 3 marriage.   The Goughs were dispossessed of Kilmanahan after the Cromwellian Wars and it would appear that Greene got it a as a land grant and married back in to the Goughs  - I actually have the original conveyance of the lands From James Roche to Benjamin Greene ( its on pigskin)   -if you wish to contact me directly (*)  - interesting where the 'swimmer' came from !!   

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Gough
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Welcome mickfives, you need to remove your e-mail address from your post as RootsChat policy doesn't allow it to avoid spamming / other abuses.  You can use the Personal Message (PM) system instead, but new members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use it.

See guidance here: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Kiwicol seems to be still current / active as of January this year.