Author Topic: Peter Cordial born abt 1811 possibly Granard  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Peter Cordial born abt 1811 possibly Granard
« on: Friday 27 May 11 17:16 BST (UK) »
Looking for any evidence of the birth or any other information of Peter Cordial who served with the Rifle Brigade and was station with the army in Llanllwchaiarn, Montgomeryshire, Wales  in the 1841 census. I anticipate he would have been born about 1811 and probably in Co. Longford
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Cordial born abt 1811 possibly Granard
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 May 11 17:21 BST (UK) »
Peter's birth is well before the start of full civil registration in Ireland (1864) so you would need to check for parish records to find details for him and his family. To start this you first need to know the family religion and where they lived at the time, i.e. which parish, so you can check what records (if any) are available for the area his family lived in.

My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?

Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Cordial born abt 1811 possibly Granard
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 May 11 17:44 BST (UK) »
RC baptism records for the parish of Granard go back to about 1779, marriages to 1782 - NLI film Pos. 4237. These are also seem to be available on an LDS film.

Church of Ireland records for the parish only seem to go back to 1820

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests