Author Topic: James and frances Mullen Baltimore  (Read 3264 times)

Offline louismullen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James and frances Mullen Baltimore
« on: Saturday 28 May 11 21:39 BST (UK) »
hello I am looking for some help / information about James and Frances mullen from ross street baltimore.

James emigrated from Knocklore , Tallanstown to New South Wales in 1863.

see notes below from Boston Pilot. I am not certain of which state the baltimore this is mentioned is
++++++++++++++++++++++++
from Boston Pilot
JAMES Mullen
Emigrated To Australia, New South Wales in 01/63; When Last Heard From in 1866 He Was Enroute To Ca; It Is His Interest To Return Home Immediately To His Wi. Or Even To Write Her; If He Or Any Person Knowing His Whereabouts Will Address Francis Mullen He

Name: Francis Mullen
Relation to missing: Wife
Residence: Mo, No. 25 Ross Street, Baltimore
Date of advertisement: 08-31-1867
Contact name:

1st location: Australia, New South Wales (01/63)
2nd location: Ca (1866)
3rd location:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: James and frances Mullen Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 May 11 22:02 BST (UK) »
I can only think or two places named Baltimore at the moment, although I suspect there may be more - the village in Co. Cork, and the city in Maryland. The village of Baltimore in Co. Cork was quite small in the 1860s, and I see no street named Ross street. It's also not very likely that street numbers would have been used there at the time.

There is a Ross Street in east Baltimore in Maryland - see link  (google map)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline louismullen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James and frances Mullen Baltimore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 May 11 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane
Thanks.
address is listed
 Residence: Mo, No. 25 Ross Street, Baltimore
It was published in boston pilot and he had left ireland 1863.

Here in Ireland we  can search the RATES index for occupier of a property by address back to 1863.
is this possible in Maryland.

Louis