Author Topic: Penygraig Rowlands family  (Read 10550 times)

Offline Roy Kingham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Penygraig Rowlands family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 June 17 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi..Just found this site and was wondering if you could send me a copy of the Rowlands family. I am a direct descendant of Moses Rowlands..Moses Rowland James was my mothers father.   Kind Regards Roy

Offline Kubla

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 June 17 15:13 BST (UK) »
Roy, not sure if you are referring to me (Kubla).

I have considerable detail on Rowland family prior to 1800. They are not my main focus of interest although Mary Rowland, sister of Moses (Mineowner) and daughter of Moses (Dinas Teacher), is my G3 mother. Quite a lot of detail on family to that point which some added extra on brothers of Moses.

Contact me if this is what you want and I can sent as pdf's

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 June 17 15:48 BST (UK) »
I am related to David Rowlands, Butcher of Penygraig via his mother Mary Isaac and also to Susanna Thomas David Rowlands wife. They are buried at Llantrisant Church yard with their son Dr Moses John Rowlands, who became famous for his discovery of a vitamin bran which he named 'Bemax'. David was Thomas Rowlands son and Thomas was Moses Rowlands 1828-1884 brother.

When I look at my family trees it seems as if you were Rhondda or region born then you are likely to be related to many many Rhondda people.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline Kubla

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 June 17 16:18 BST (UK) »
Have quite a bit on David's father in the context of the Rowland family of Moses1 (1790-1837) and Daughter Mary (1825-1881). Of course Moses11 (1828-1884), Morgan, Rowland etc figure largely in that.
Family interests focus on Martins, Jenkins, Rowland, John and Williams. Just finalising 200+ page booklet that considers the families in the context of industrialisation etc of the Rhondda.   David is son of Thomas and Mary. Thomas was also a butcher etc.

Unable to send any material through this medium.

Note that previous mail should have said prior to 1900 although have some material on the home of Moses11
e-mails ?

Offline Roy Kingham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 08 June 17 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi. Yes Kubla, I would be grateful for anything you could send regarding Moses Rowlands and family. I am still working my way round this site please forgive me

Offline Kubla

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 09 June 17 12:15 BST (UK) »
Happy to send. Much easier as pdf on e-mail though.

eddie.gray1@btinternet.com

Offline Suzanne Bailey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 03:44 BST (UK) »
Hi my grandfather was Montague foster rowlands he had a brother called moses born in pengraig but brought up in porthcawl

Offline Frances ann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 24 July 22 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi I am the GGG granddaughter of Mary Rowlands ,who married John Martin ,I’d like to know some more info if anyone can help 🙂

Offline Frances ann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 01 February 23 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary Rowlands is also my great great Grandmother,she married John Martin,