Author Topic: moffat family westerkirk  (Read 1602 times)

Offline boston14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
moffat family westerkirk
« on: Sunday 05 June 11 07:57 BST (UK) »
does any one have any info on william moffat and mary porteous.they had two sons I know of,James and George B 1830c in westerkirk dumfries.I am looking for their marriage record and  William `s death record.Any info would be greatly appreciated

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: moffat family westerkirk
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 July 11 09:15 BST (UK) »
Hello again - I realised you had two unanswered posts before your Stevenson emigration query.

Based on your later question around Canadian emigration, are you asking about another family who emigrated, and if so approximately when?   The more background you can give the more we can help.

If James and George grew up in Scotland then their subsequent marriage records might give you more information on their parents, including their date of marriage.   I did have a very quick look at the '41 census to see if there was an obvious candidate but whilst there are a fair few James Moffatts in Dumfriesshire I can see one William father, one George brother but in different families and none with the William / Mary / George exact combination
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline boston14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: moffat family westerkirk
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 July 11 13:33 BST (UK) »
Maggie , thank you for your enquiry re. Moffat family . I have now found the family, thanks, and am in the process of following it up. Should I have posted an item that I have found it? Apologies if I didn`t.

Regards E.P.