Author Topic: Barrett of Phillidelphia  (Read 11268 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Barrett of Phillidelphia
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 05 June 11 20:18 BST (UK) »
Possible marriage in 1939 for Anne E Daly to Samuel E Farrington

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0dm2/

Leonard D Barrett is mentioned in Gopsill's Philadelphia City Directory, for 1887 and 1889

U S Board of Surveyors (Marine)  140 Walnut  h 412 Queen

Gopsill's Philadelphia City Directory, For 1895

At 216 1/2 Walnut

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 June 11 21:09 BST (UK) »
SLOW DOWN..... Wow I know there are some very helpful people on these boards but now I need to make sense of it all.
Yes Rutledge was the mother Frederica's maiden name, and Angela the grand-daughter of the young Frederica now remembers there was a son Steven.  Angela is in her 80's and as bright as a button and loving having all these memories made clear(er)
She also remembers a Tom Daley being talked about, and you have already found this out.  Angela once met a Frederica Clemmer.  A very unusual name and a quick look yesterday found a ships first class passenger list from christmas 1953 travelling from Bermuda to New York.  This Frederica was married to Abram Clemmer, and Frederica was possibly a neice of Angela's mother.   Thankyou so much for all this info, all I need now is for you to find a link to President Harrison (was Harrison wasn't it LOL.)
It is certainly Leonard, hence the daughter Leonora, sorry about that, I was so sure it was Lawrence. thanks again.  Fred

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 05 June 11 21:44 BST (UK) »
From what I can tell from various online trees, William Henry Harrison's ancestors were born in Virginia going back to the 1600's. 

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 05 June 11 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Fred,

Came to the same conclusion as Shelly after spending time going through family tree entries back to 1600 - originating St Giles. Northants. 

Abram Clemmer and Frederica are together on the 1930 Census. Abram was a salesman for paint.
Married 10 years.

Abram is listed in Pennsylvania Veterans Burials. Chances are Frederica may be buried there as well.
Abram Clemmer - Born: 10 Dec 1894 -Died 18 Nov 1971 aged 76 years. 125 Summit Ave, Willow Grove. Upper Moreland Twp. Montgomery Co.
Veteran of    World War I - Navy. Rank:- Storekeeper  2/C
Cemetery Name:   Hillside Cemetery -   Roslyn; Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Grave located Section A Lot No 1199

Fredrica Clemmer. Born 31 August 1896 and Died 1987
Last Residence:   19446  Lansdale, Montgomery, Pennsylvania.
SSN was issued inPennsylvania (1973)

Unfortunately there are no marriage records available for the time frame we are looking at here, so have'nt come across a maiden name for Frederica.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 June 11 23:26 BST (UK) »
Still we (you) found out an awful lot in 24 hours.  Angela will love that peice from the newspaper about Freddie and Nannie, a bit of a gem that for anyones family tree.  And of course Thomas Daly.
Families were often big 150 years ago, so easy for somebody to be linked to a president via a cousin etc.  In the end we are all family.  thanks again Uncle Fred

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 06 June 11 10:53 BST (UK) »
I just found out that the President the Barrett's are some how related too was not William Harrison, the short term in office was a bit of a red herring.  Angela came up with the name James Buchanan.  Now this president never married, so the link will be via another member of his family, brothers and sisters, or even more remote cousins born around 1790-1800.
You have helped me so much so don't go trying to find the relationship between these families...that is unless you are crazy enough to want to do so.  I'll be taking a look ;D
Any of you with family links to South West England or Wales stuck and need some help you pnly have to ask LOL  cheers Fred

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 06 June 11 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Fred,

More of an Irish connection with the Buchanan's.

Frederica Clemmer was Frederica O Jones married Abram in 1920. Believe her mother to be Ellen Barrett.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0dmi/

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 06 June 11 11:36 BST (UK) »
This is Ellen with her husband and Frederica in Moore Street  Philadelphia Ward 26, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1900

Robert Jones 33 Married for 5 years. Newspaper Clerk.
Ellen Jones   33 Born March 1867. Had 1 child.
Fredericka O Jones 3 Born August 1896
Robert Jones 70 Father
Amelia Jones 66 Mother

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 06 June 11 11:38 BST (UK) »
No further children by 1910 in Philadelphia Ward 22, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Robert Jones Jr   42 Married 14 years. Advertiser. Newspaper.
Ellen Jones    42 Had 1 child.
Fredrica Jones 14

Sandra