Author Topic: Blaise Louis HENOCQ b.1788 Paris  (Read 15954 times)

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
Re: Blaise Louis HENOCQ b.1788 Paris
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

I too have drawn a blank with Bertrum Hugh Griffiths Henocq after the 1891 census.  I have tried CWG thinking he might have died during the Great War, looked on FreeBMD but can only find his birth (but I know that is not complete).  Incidently his mother's maiden name was Griffiths which is used several times in the names of their children.

I have also checked to see if by chance he had emigrated before the 1901 census but no joy there either.   ???

NANNY WITH ROSIE
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline moulesfrites

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I wonder how Bertram managed to slip between the cracks. I notice that you call him Bertrum. That's something I've come across too, but as far as I can tell it's an error that has been propagated. On the 1881 birth record he appears as:
'Henocq, Bertram Hugh G'.

The Bertrum version appears in Colin Barnes family tree, maybe that's where it came from. Maybe he really was Bertrum and the record is wrong! It wouldn't be the first time.

It's very possible that he exists in the records but it has been mistranscribed so he doesn't appear in the index. That happens a lot.

I came across this today: a report of Joseph Henocq having his hammer stolen.
http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/browse.jsp?id=t18430612-name-520&div=t18430612-1789
(Note that this occurred in 1843 and that 1789 is the reference number, not the date!)

Bryan

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 November 12 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Morning - lovely to hear from you again, especially with that link.

Bertrum/Bertram I could have got this from Colin (my second cousin) his g/parents being Henry & Louise, I started the tree in the 1980's when obtaining info was very difficult and costly buying the certificates. 

I wonder whether he changed his name as I know as a child always having to spell my surname was an absolute pain!

As you can see I am a long-time addict of geneology!!

NANNY WITH ROSIE

Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Lonsdales in Lancashire

Offline Jools2212

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 March 15 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bryan and everybody else - Blaise is also my 4x Great Grandfather. My line is Blaise, Joseph, Joseph James, Sydney Joseph and then Sydney's daughter Kathleen (Kate) who was my maternal Grandmother. I had been doing a lot of research on my own but only followed the direct line as I am also researching my father's line at the same time. Lovely to meet all you long-lost cousins :)
Jools

Offline moulesfrites

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 March 15 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jools,
Nice to meet you too. I have quite an extensive tree on ancestry.co.uk now. Have you been there yet? I seem to have got about as far as I can with this, short of a trip to Paris. If you can add any more info that would be great.

Best wishes,
Bryan

Offline tivy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 15 March 15 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jools, Bryan, i have now joined, i am still looking for things to do with the Henocqs, hopefully  will visit the church where the Baptisms took place, also visit Dartmouth Row. Is Nanny with Rosie still searching it would be good if she got in touch. Regards Ruth

Offline tivy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Antoine Henocq father of Blaise
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 April 15 11:41 BST (UK) »
I believe Anthoine Henocq was born in 1737 as hi death certificate was 1820 saying he was 83, can anyone give me anymore info on this Regards Ruth

Offline carolandcolin65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 11:48 BST (UK) »
hi my name is Carol Edwards nee Houghton & Antoine Henocq who married Louise Constance Bellott was my GGGG Grand Parents ...their son Blaise Louis Henocq was my GGG Grand father & his daughter Ann Gertrude Henocq who married Samuel Finch Houghton was my GG Grand parents..
I have been given a paper where a person named Steve-Paris was in contact with some one named Nanny with Rosie, who I have tried to find,  re Blaise, & he mentions in this that he has a copy of the death certificate for Blaise  do you also have a copy or any other info that I could use also do you know who the names of Antoine's parents  thank you so much for your time Carol

( after posting this I then found the thread re these messages 0 I put it down to my age I call it a FUDGE MOMENT XX to all us long lost kin

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hello - nice to hear from a distant relative.

Your question about Anthoine's (1751-1820) parents - his father was Jacques and mother Francoise LOCQUET (I think as it is very difficult to find out information due to documents being burned probably due to the French Revolution - not sure on that fact).   Anthoine's wife was Louise Constance Bellot who's parents were Guillame Pierre Blot and Marie Constance Lamart.

Not been able to establish anything further back that that.   Anything you find, please let me know.

Hope you enjoy hunting out the information on the tree, I started way back in 1980 when I had to visit St Catherine's House, etc and wrote to every Henocq in the country's phone book - there were 13 listed which included my mother.   

Happy hunting.
NANNY WITH ROSIE
Lonsdales in Lancashire