Author Topic: GRAHAM family  (Read 3247 times)

Offline afcbsimon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GRAHAM family
« on: Monday 06 June 11 13:35 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I have recently started to trace my family tree and thus far have done reasonably well however I have hit a bit of a brick wall.

I have traced the GRAHAM side of my family back to Devon but would like to find out more with the help of others here if possible.

I obtained a marriage certificate dated May 1844 between John Graham and Elizabeth Sedgeman on which it states John was aged 20 and he was a Seaman aboard the San Josef, Plymouth. John's father is named as James Graham a Cabinet Maker.

John and Elizabeth had a son, James John Graham, who was born in 1846 however on his birth certificate it states his father, John, was deceased.

I would like to know when, where, how John Graham died as I cannot find any record of his death.

Also, I would like to find out more about James Graham as again I can find no records for him.

Can anyone help please?

Regards,
Simon
LORD, GRAHAM

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GRAHAM family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 June 11 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat

Who were witnesses at the marriage -were they relatives??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 June 11 14:19 BST (UK) »
also where was James John Graham born

I cannot find a birth reg 1846 -there is one Dec qtr 1845 Stoke Dam???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline afcbsimon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 June 11 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Suz,

Yes, James John Graham was born in September 1845, apologies. I guess that means his father John Graham died in the preceding 9 months.

The winesses on the marriage certificate look like Maria Griffiths and Anne Elms but the writing is so difficult to read the names could be different.

Regards,
Simon
LORD, GRAHAM

Offline Betty Graham

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 April 16 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon, I think you must be Wendy's son. have you had any success with the death of John Graham, married in May 1944 ?