Author Topic: Parents of Ann Henderson (abt 1853 -1923)  (Read 20208 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Ann Henderson (abt 1853 -1923)
« Reply #27 on: Monday 06 June 11 21:55 BST (UK) »
Last one from me now! For when you have managed to confirm the parents etc., there are two entries  in the Wills & Testament section of SP for Innes:

Mrs Innes PROSSER/ Berry, 22/04/1897. Lochead, Parish of SKENE, Aberdeen, Widow, died 22/10/1896 at Lochhead, Testate. Aberdeen Sheriff Court Inventories.

One document is her Will and the other an Extract Inventory.

These documents from Wills & testaments are downloadable separately on the site.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RedMystic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Helen Cheyne (1863-1952)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 06 June 11 21:59 BST (UK) »
Fantastic. Thanks very, very much.
MACDONALD of Benbecula, Scotland, Earlswood/Wapella Sask
BAIN of Aberdeenshire, Trafford district, Red Jacket and Moosomin, Sask
CHEYNE of Aberdeenshire & Trafford district, Sask
FISHER of Yorkshire, Ontario & Saskatchewan
INKSTER of Shetland, Edinburgh, Sask and BC
GAUNT of Yorkshire, Kent, BC & Australia
KINCH of Ireland, PEI, Ab, Sask
CORCORAN of Ireland, PEI & Sask
GOTZ / GOETZ of Soufflenheim, Alsace & Ont
MITTELHAUSSER of Soufflenheim, Alsace
MULLER or MILLER of Drusenheim, Alsace & Ont

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 17:13 BST (UK) »
Well done

I had to go out last night and see you have been busy. Hope you find the links you were looking for

Norma

Offline RedMystic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 17:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks for checking back higgsy & I hope you had a lovely evening out.

If you cast your eyes back to my first post in this thread and the reference to "CHARLEMAGNE", I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find that.  ::) ::) ::) I think I'm going to have to gently nudge this new found, very distant cousin to do a bit more verification.  ;D ;D ;D

I don't have much time to work on this today as OH is wandering the house, looking for company (hmmm wonder if I can get him to do the housework  ;D) . I will be delving into Scotlandspeople as soon as I have a block of a few hours.

Thank you again for discovering the Procer / Prossor link & setting the track to follow. I can rarely  make the linkages when names are spelled in a variety of fashions so your direction was invaluable.

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 19:17 BST (UK) »
good luck on SP. Hopefully you might get a clue to Ann Hendersons dad

Norma

Offline HEATHEREDD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 22 July 11 17:31 BST (UK) »
Ann Henderson is my great,great grandmother. She had a son William Henderson born 29.1.1872 at Woodlands, Dockenwell, Cluny paternity was later added with father William Catto of Belhelvie. I had great difficulty finding William Henderson as from a young age he was known as William Henderson Masson and was brought up by a Mr & Mrs Masson near Skene. I have been trying to find out if the Massons were related in some way but the nearest I have got is that Mrs Masson's mother's maiden name was Henderson. My paperwork is a bit disorganised at the moment but I have written on some of my notes that a John Henderson was Ann's reputed father but I cant recall where I got that information. When I get time I'm going to see if there are any church records from around 1853 which mention Innes Berry of John Henderson which might shed light on this. My Mum would never discuss the possibility that her grandfather wasnt the son of the Massons  but she did tell me that her Mum spoke about how upset she was when Henry George Bain was killed in an accident on 12.10.1918 and had kept the death announcement from the newspaper.  He was her Dad's half brother but she had never explained to my Mum what the connection was (she maybe didnt't know exactly). I live in Aberdeen, so many years ago I spent some time at the registrars trawling through the registration books, before information was on the internet.   If I find any more about Ann I will post. Heather   

Offline RedMystic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi HEATHEREDD

Welcome to RootsChat. I'm very pleased & excited to hear from you.

My family & I are travelling in Scotland just now, arriving in Aberdeen Friday night & departing Monday morning. I plan to visit Ann's gravesite to take a picture of it.

Ann is also my great great grandmother. I have a pic of her with her husband, Robert Bain, should that be of interest to you.

I know that Ann was a few older than Robert, but didn't realized she had children before her marriage to Robert. Based on what you're saying and what other Chatters on this thread posted earlier, she had at least 2 children: your William & a girl named Elizabeth.

William would have been uncle to my great aunt, who was born in Canada & is still alive (youngest child of Fred Charles Malcolm Bain). She has no knowledge of Ann's other children.

Should you want to connect while I'm in Aberdeen, please post 2 more messages on this thread. Acknowledge my message and then do a subsequent post to indicate it you'd like to connect or share other FH work. (You must have 3 posts to do a personal message.)

Then you can send me a personal message by clicking on the little green scroll icon below my profile message. My internet connections in the Outer Hebrides & north of Scotland have been intermittent but I anticipate that they will become more reliable as I move south.

Thank you very much for contacting me.

Offline HEATHEREDD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi RedMystic

Good to hear from you. I have double checked and at William's marriage on 12 January 1897  he gave his mother as Ann Henderson now married to Robert Bain so he is definately a son of your Ann didnt realise that she also had a daughter prior to that so Elizabeth  is another little twig on the tree.

Offline HEATHEREDD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 15:21 BST (UK) »
I have photos of William and his adoptive parents but none of Ann so would be really pleased to get a photo of Ann and Robert. I have read your message with instructions to contact you via personal message and I will have a stab at that tomorrow.
Heather