Author Topic: MIs in DUNFERMLINE Lays Road Cemetery  (Read 99932 times)

Offline Anthornis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MIs in DUNFERMLINE Lays Road Cemetery
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 29 December 11 23:06 GMT (UK) »
NorrieG, I'm looking for

Margaret Bowman, daughter of James (possibly John?) Bowman, died 19 March 1835.

(Her lair number is 1005 - in the 'old ground' - if that helps? )

Many thanks for your willingness to do this  :)

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Friday 30 December 11 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anthornis   sorry nothing on Margaret Bowman in Index
and nothing in the pre 1855 death by the FFHsoc..

my index is based on photograph numbers not lair numbers

Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline Anthornis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Friday 30 December 11 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for checking anyway!

Offline Maris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Saturday 31 December 11 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Don't suppose you would have any info on older graves for Hunt/Anderson or Young around Dunfermline area these would be dating back to 1700 onwards???

Hi Maris  Sorry nothing that far back, they would than likely
be buried in Dunfermline Abbey churchyard

check this site http://www.dunfermlineheritage.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=101

look at burials there Andersons, Hunts & Youngs listed

Norrie

Hi NorrieG,

Many thanks for your help and the link - I think the Alexander Hunt mentioned in that list could def be my 5 x Gt Grandfather and was wondering if there is any possibility of finding out what is on the headstone if still legible.  Also I would be grateful for any info on the Andersons.  I am looking for a John Anderson b 25 Oct 1702 son of John Anderson and Helen Stevinson. Also there was also a William Anderson son to Thomas Anderson who were both Bakers in Dunfermline and also witnesses to to the birth of Alexander Hunt. I think these two Andersons were pos Helen Young's (Alex. Hunt's mother) Uncle and Cousin?

Kind regards and many thanks again

Maris

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Saturday 31 December 11 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maris  the listing you refer to is of persons who have purched the
lairs, and not that there is a headstone on that lair.

In approx 1972 Mitchell inscribed inscriptions of pre 1855 stones
in Abbey Cemetery Dunfermline, I don't have a copy but you could
ask some of the listers if they have a copy and could do a lookup,
you would require to give Names dates etc

Norrie

Offline Northern Jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Sunday 22 January 12 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Wondering if you might have burial/tombstone information regarding Robert Duncan, born November 23, 1859, Collessie, Fife, died November 24, 1941, Dunfermline, and/or his wife Jane Boucher (nee Honeyman) Duncan, born February 13, 1859, Monkston, Collessie, died December 23, 1923 in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.  We know that Jane's remains were taken back to Scotland by her husband and interred there -- we believe at Dunfermline.

They had seven sons:
William (1882-1936; married Elizabeth Normand HERON - her dates unknown; both buried Dunfermline); one son Robert Boucher Honeyman DUNCAN born c1915; assume all Scotland.

Robert (1884-1963; married Helen Short McKAY - 1880-1981, both buried Dunfermline); two daughters - Jane, 1914-1985, never married; Dorothy, b1921, married Sidney STEWART; Scotland.

John (1888-1940; married Lizzie Ann REID - 1892-1957; both buried Canada); five daughters, Lizzie b Scotland 1914-2006, d Canada; Jeanie 1916-2003, Canada; Helen (Nell) 1919-2004, Canada; Evelyn Inga 1921-2011, Canada; Margaret (Peggy) 1925-2009, Canada.

James (1890-1973; married Amanina McAlpine McKAY [don't know if she is a sister of Helen Short McKay married to Robert] - 1887-1970; both buried in USA); three children, Jean b in Canada 1918-2005; twins Veronica b in Canada 1920-1968 and James b in Canada 1920-1988; all died and buried in USA.

Andrew (1893-1954; married Jean Craig McLEAN - c1886-date of death unknown; both buried Scotland, exact location unknown); two children, Clement b after 1921; daughter - name and dates unknown; assume Scotland.

David (1896-1970; married Elizabeth Helen CAMPBELL - c1898-1973; both buried Canada); no issue.

Alexander (1897-1962; married Jemima RHIND - c1889-date of death unknown; both buried Scotland, exact location unknown); no issue.

Any information you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Joanne
DUNCAN (and associated families of HAXTON, WATSON, WALLACE, BELL, ANDERSON, SPEED and LESSLIE) originated in Fifeshire, Scotland

REID (and associated families of HERON, KEITH, REIDFORD/REDFORD, MORRISON, WEBSTER, PIRIE, OGILVIE, DINGUAL, LAURENCE, GRANT, FRASER, and FORBES) originated in Banffshire, Scotland

CUNNINGHAM (pre 1780) -- John, Richard and Michael originated in Roscommon County, Ireland

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Monday 23 January 12 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joanne

Nothing for Robert & Jane remember my index is based on
Headstone photographs he might not have had a stone.
My index is based on 2 names
Eg  Alexander H Duncan   Christina B  Haxton

Let me know who the ones who died Fife married and birth year

This is and inscription from Collessie Cemetery

8   Erected by Robert Duchar  Inverleith
   in memory of his daughter who died 16.10.1828
   and of Janet HONEYMAN died 6.4.1853
   Robert DEUCHAR died 5.5.1855 age 53

IGI gives
Father: Robert Duchar, Mother: Janet Honeyman

1. ROBERT DEUCHARS - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Birth: 10 MAR 1805 Christening: 17 MAR 1805 Collessie

3. JEAN DEUCHARS - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 15 DEC 1799 Collessie, Fife, Scotland

Norrie

Offline Northern Jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Monday 23 January 12 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply Norrie ..... we are "grasping at straws" trying to find additional information about our ancestors and their descendants.  We realize that there may not be headstones but submitted our query on the off chance that there might be some, somewhere.

I am attaching some Family Group Sheets beginning with my great grandparents Robert DUNCAN and Jane Boucher HONEYMAN and Robert's DUNCAN parents.  That might give you a bit more information on which to base your search.  I do go back a few more generations but can only post two PDFs.

Again, any information that you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.  Living in Canada proves to be a challenge to doing research overseas.

Joanne
DUNCAN (and associated families of HAXTON, WATSON, WALLACE, BELL, ANDERSON, SPEED and LESSLIE) originated in Fifeshire, Scotland

REID (and associated families of HERON, KEITH, REIDFORD/REDFORD, MORRISON, WEBSTER, PIRIE, OGILVIE, DINGUAL, LAURENCE, GRANT, FRASER, and FORBES) originated in Banffshire, Scotland

CUNNINGHAM (pre 1780) -- John, Richard and Michael originated in Roscommon County, Ireland

Offline Gmar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Saturday 04 February 12 05:32 GMT (UK) »
Would you have a headstone for Harold-harry-Dorr, son of George and Margaret Dorr, brother of Thomas Burt Dorr and Mabel Cornelia Dorr?
Tommy born 6th June 1907 and Mabel born 9th Feb 1913. He died very young and would have been my uncle.They all came out to Australia but I know nothing of Harry. Thank you very much
Burt Hannon Droney Smith Collis Berry