Author Topic: Hay Family from Cummingston  (Read 19221 times)

Offline kb0fhp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hay Family from Cummingston
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 03:50 BST (UK) »
From http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp:

NM259568
GEORGE HAY
c. 1829 to pre 1884

Date of Birth : c. 1829
Spouse's Name : KATHERINE FARQUHAR
Date of Marriage : 03 OCT 1856
Place of Marriage : DUFFUS CHURCH OF SCOTLANS
Date of Death : pre 1884

Could these be the parents of George Hay that you seek?  Not sure how they fit - I did a search on "Mason" as occupation in Moray.

Offline Amberglass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 05:10 BST (UK) »
Scott,

I'm going to do some searching in the next few days.I'll post if I find anything.

Offline Stephen Cutler

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have just seen your thread re Hay family from Cummingston. My great grandfather was George Stephen Hay from Elgin, Scotland. He immigrated to Australia and had a successful career in the Post Office, married and had a few children, one of which was my grandmother. I have photos of him and his wife.
If you are interested, please let me know

Sincerely,
Stephen Cutler
Ballarat, Australia.

Offline Amberglass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 01 January 15 06:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen! It's very nice to meet you! Our great grandfathers were brothers! My great grandfather was James and he was 7 years younger than your George. My GGrandfather stayed on in Scotland. I have added some of your family into my tree already. Are you on ancestry? I have a few very old photos of James, his wife and children. I also have photos that were my grandmothers, taken back in Scotland but I have no idea who the folks in them are. Feel free to email me at Scrapbookingcathy@gmail.com. I am in Toronto Ontario.
Cathy

Offline Benrinnes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 22 August 16 03:47 BST (UK) »
FYI, I am currently updating www.livesofthefirstworldwar.org and as part of that, have been updating Robert Hay which may be of interest to you all. I have included his profile link. You may have to register to see it. It is part of the Imperial war Museum in the UK and willnot cost you anything, in fact you can also update the site with information and photos.  Thanks  Vince Stuart, Hopeman, Morayshire, Scotland. Link is https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/1790907#facts

Offline Waresc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 29 June 18 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Looking to contact any family member of James and Jane Hay from cummingston Moray. My Mum was Born in 1910, to Isabella Hay daughter of James and Jane Hay and I think she emigrated to Canada after my mum was born, Her name was Mary Geddie Hay, and was brought up by the Geddie Family in Grantown on Spey. Would love to hear from anyone

Offline Geddie Researcher

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 30 April 20 14:19 BST (UK) »
I have the Geddie family that Mary Geddie Hay was brought up by and was about to add her, suspecting that Colin (Murdoch) Geddie is Mary's actual father. Do you have any records that might conform this or prove it was someone else?

Have a look at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Murdoch-840 and see what you think,

Best regards,
Moira