Author Topic: Wilkinson of Tamlaght by Moneymore, Coagh and possibly Cookstown  (Read 2209 times)

Offline ezekiel

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'Living in the Land Down Under '
    • View Profile
Wilkinson of Tamlaght by Moneymore, Coagh and possibly Cookstown
« on: Sunday 12 June 11 11:07 BST (UK) »
I am puzzled!...A very normal cry, I know. ;)

I have my WILKINSON family,
John md to Matilda nee (possibly) NORRIS having their children in Tamlaght by Moneymore
( source = IGI extracted records)
James christened 1853; Mary Jane christened 1855; Robert John ( my g grandfather) born May 1861; then 2 called Sarah, 1st born Aug 1858 and second June 1865...
Matilda already had a dau presumably from a mge/relationship with John AIKEN/AITKEN of Coagh and had a daughter Maria Aitken born c 1846 who later md Robert SIMPSON in Coagh. ( Have lots on them)
Matilda and John WILKINSON md in Sep 1852 in Tamlaght (Ireland Marriages 1619 - 1898 - LDS)
and I believe I have them on the Griffiths Valuation
Now...to 1881 -
I have Matilda with her sons James, Robert John and dau Sarah ( the latter) living together with  Robert and Maria SIMPSON  nee AITKEN living next room/next door.
There is no trace of the family prior to this 1881 census and no John - hubby and father - and no 1st Sarah with them or anywhere....
I believe they both died back in Ireland and Matilda moved with family to work in Glasgow.

I have picked up 2 WILKISON deaths ( minus the 'N') in Cookstown that I believe are my John and the 1st Sarah..
.Name:    John Wilkison
Registration District:    Cookstown
Event Type:    DEATHS
Registration Quarter and Year:    1866
Estimated Birth Year:    1812
Age (at Death):    54 ................................... and

Name:    Sarah Wilkison
Registration District:    Cookstown
Event Type:    DEATHS
Registration Quarter and Year:    1865
Estimated Birth Year:    1858
Age (at Death):    7

Both are from Extracted LDS Parish records

How do I go about finding evidence for my theory??? Am I just being fanciful that these 2 may be mine?
Any help would be gratefully accepted. :)
Julie in a prety cold Adelaide SA Oz

GOURLAY; GRAY; HALLIDAY; WILKINSON; NORRIS; AIKEN/AITKEN; SIMPSON; MAHAREY; FIFE;SUMMERTON/SUMERTON/SOMERTON; MANSFIELD; FATHERS;HARDY/HARDEY; NICKS; WILLIAMS; THOMAS; LUDLOW; SYNNETT and others.

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Wilkinson of Tamlaght by Moneymore, Coagh and possibly Cookstown
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 February 17 06:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am Lindsay, 2G grandaughter of Maria Aitken Simpson and 3G grandaughter of Matilda Norris Wilkinson ... I just came across your message. Sarah didn't die in Ireland, she married in Scotland and had many children. This is a very old message, PM me if you are still looking  :)
MORRISON - Dunbartonshire, Stirlingshire
STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
HEWITT - Wigtownshire, Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

All census information Crown Copyright