Author Topic: Completed-Denmark-Inger Hansine Georgina Christensen  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Pacific

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed-Denmark-Inger Hansine Georgina Christensen
« on: Tuesday 14 June 11 03:26 BST (UK) »
I have Inger Hansine Georgina Christensen born 6, Feb 1883 in Lindselse, Svendborg, Denmark. Her mother is Caroline Christensen and Caroline is said to be 36 years old when Inger is born. There is no knowledge of the father. Caroline's mother is Marie Hansen. This is all I know. Inger ended up in Canada. I would like any information where Caroline is from and where she might be in the 1880 census in Denmark.
Thank you
Hers

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denmark-Inger Hansine Georgina Christensen
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 14:09 BST (UK) »
http://www.ddd.dda.dk/dddform_uk.asp?sit=3

There seem to be two possibles, one who definitely has a mother Marie Hansen
1)
At Humble, Langelands Sønder, Svendborg in 1880 a
Marie Hansen, unmarried, aged 58
Karuline Kristensen, unmarried, aged 36, her daughter
Jensine Kristine Madsen, aged less than a year, "daughter's daughter"
all b. Humble.
In 1890 I think she is at Humble again, now aged 46, married to a Niels Hansen Nielsen; Marie Hansen, 67, who might be her mother, is also in the household.

2)
There is alternatively a 32 year old Karuline Christensen in Humble, a single woman with several children living with Peter Mikkelsen (he listed as divorced).
In 1890 this couple still live together, Karoline Kristensen now aged 42, still single, and with the addition of more children including a "Inger Jørgine" aged 6 b. Lindselse

I think 2) is the woman you are looking for. Her age is closer and she does have a daughter Inger in 1890.

1) is close in age (but born in a different place), and has the mother Marie Hansen, so you'll have to be careful not to mix them up in earlier records.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pacific

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denmark-Inger Hansine Georgina Christensen
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 20:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you.
This is very helpful.
Hera