Author Topic: William and Mary (Kennedy) Stoddart  (Read 31020 times)

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William and Mary (Kennedy) Stoddart
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 06 June 17 21:46 BST (UK) »
Gary,
        James Anderson & Janet McDonald are on the 1851 census at Knockinnan, Latheron; then in 1861 they are at 48 North Frederick St, Glasgow.     By this time, James is 63, a tailor, and Janet is 62.       In 1971, Janet, 75, is head of the house at 7 Ronald St, Glasgow.    Apparently James has died.     

Janet died in 1876, aged 84.     Her parents were William McDonald, a Mason, & Janet Fraser.

The thread is really about Wm & Mary Stoddart.     I could give you fuller details about the above if you contacted me privately.

Offline abrach1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 06 June 17 22:37 BST (UK) »
It would seem that we are related!
I am descended from Archie's brother  Angus Kennedy.
I have a volume of info on the Kennedy family.
I knew of your Sarah but didn't know if she married.
Send me a PM and we can exchange information.

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 07:02 BST (UK) »
Gary,
         Janet McDonald Anderson's parents were William McDonald & Janet Fraser.      ...There is a marriage of a William McDonald to a Janet Fraser at Inverness 29th May 1764.       As Janet McDonald was born in 1792 (she was 84 on her death in 1876, Glasgow), this would mean that Janet Fraser
would be quite old when Janet McDonald was born.       I have my doubts about this being the true marriage because of this.     

Offline Markmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 08 June 17 03:43 BST (UK) »
I finally found a way to get back to you.  Apparently i cannot send a PM until I have made 3 posts, so I guess this is number 2!  I really would appreciate sharing info with you, although I recognize the fact that I may have little of value to offer.  Most of my info concerns Sarah and Donald's descendants, but I'm happy to share what I have.  While the Kennedy name occupies one side of my dad's lineage, the McKinnon name shows up on both.  Please reply at your earliest convenience....I like the idea of locating a new relative

Offline Deb Aus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 12 August 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Willow7,

Could you tell me where Lilac Cottage is located in Fort Augustus, I am a grand-daughter of Archibald Stoddart - son of William & Mary. (Archibald immigrated to Australia not long after his brother Simon approx.1910)
I visited Fort Augustus last year but did not have any details on Lilac Cottage or where to find it.

Thank you, Debra (Australia)

Offline Willow7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra send me a pm

Offline Deb Aus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Willow7,

My connection to William Stoddart & Mary Kennedy is through my mother who's father was
Archibald Stoddart - son of William & Mary of Fort Augustus married 1870.

I cannot use the PM function yet as I need to make 3 posts first.

Regards, Deb

Offline Willow7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hiya where are you in Australia? Hopefully this will be your 3 post. Was talking to the last member of Archibald's children.

Offline Johnsderry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 17 August 18 00:28 BST (UK) »
My mother is a kennedy from Northern Ireland. Her kennedys are from Stewartstown county Tyrone N.ireland. Interestingly , her DNA story on Ancestry shows direct emigration from Fort Agustus , Scotland to Stewartstown. I was amazed at this , as ancestry managed to pinpoint the exact village in northern Ireland my kennedys where from.

Now I know , the DNA story may be telling me about other ancestry that emigrated from fort agustus , but I have a very good feeling that it is my kennedy line. Maybe I am a descendant of the Archibald Kennedy you speak off. Did any of your kennedys moved to northern Ireland? Have any of you done your Ancestry DNA to see if we have any similar DNA?

Ive only managed to trace back my direct ancestor - John Kennedy born circa 1843. I would love to be able to trace my kennedys back to scotland , even if there is no paper trail.

Hope to here back from any of you!

regards

john