Author Topic: ALDEN'S of Billingford  (Read 3341 times)

Offline tdgower2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ALDEN'S of Billingford
« on: Wednesday 15 June 11 20:14 BST (UK) »
Wondering if anyone has followed the Alden line that settled in Southern Norfolk around Diss.

I'm especially looking for the marriage of Amos Alden and Phillipa who were the parents of Jacob Alden. Jacob was born in Billingford in 1760, but i can't find the marriage of his parents or their baptisms.

This line might also have ties to Shimpling where the Aldhams held the Manor in the village. Alden maybe a variant of Aldham, but i'm not so sure about that.

Kind regards, Tom
Gower, Barker, Mayhew, Blomfield - (Norfolk/Suffolk)
Cook, Carter, Smith, Musk, Moss, Staples, Sparkes, Lister, Woollard, Scrivener, Marsh, Arnold, Hazelwood- (Cambs/Suffolk)
Grimwood, Shinn, Fitches, Sustins, Harvey, Sangster, Capps, Blake, Kimmance, Rans, Watts, George, Denny- (Suffolk)
Fishburne, Bartram, Rix, Balls, Porter, Leach- (Norfolk) Slater, Forster (Co. Durham/Nbland)
Taylor, Element, Barnett- (Worcs) Colley, Dobson, Thornton, Priestman, Harper, Spence, Plewes, Mowthorpe (Yorks)

Offline Brian75

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: ALDEN'S of Billingford
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 14:14 BST (UK) »
Wondering if anyone has followed the Alden line that settled in Southern Norfolk around Diss.

I'm especially looking for the marriage of Amos Alden and Phillipa who were the parents of Jacob Alden. Jacob was born in Billingford in 1760, but i can't find the marriage of his parents or their baptisms.

This line might also have ties to Shimpling where the Aldhams held the Manor in the village. Alden maybe a variant of Aldham, but i'm not so sure about that.

Kind regards, Tom
Ralph, Milne, Stockton, Atkinson, Kendall, Wise, Davey,

Offline Brian75

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 14:23 BST (UK) »
Caroline Alden dob 1734 Married Richard Ralph dob 1728 Married 27th February 1763 Billingford Norfolk.  Caroline's father John Alden born 1710 Married Margaret Church dob 1710 married 13th October 1731 Rushall Norfolk.

Hope this helps Brian
Ralph, Milne, Stockton, Atkinson, Kendall, Wise, Davey,

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 August 15 06:52 BST (UK) »
Do you have the will of Amos Alden from the Norfolk Record Office, it has him of Dickleburgh but Billingford is in the parish of Dickleburgh.
Probate Inventory  ref: ANF 11/5/54  Amos Alden
ANF Will registry 1764-1767,folio 65 1764-1765 #75, Amos Alden
Burials Amos Alden 29 July 1764. at Dickleburgh. Could be your family 50/50 chance.
This could give you a lot of information.
There is also an Amos Alden who marries 1734 Mary Eagle at Dickleburgh.
From an ancestry tree need to check Boyd's marriage index has Amos Alden married Phillipa Wallis 1745. 
Baptisms at Billingford
Phillipia 8 June 1746
Amos 8 May 1747   burial 16 September 1757
Mary 8 May 1747
Sarah 8 April 1750 buried 18 December 1764
Joseph 22 March 1752
Elizabeth 14 July 1754
William 26 June 1757
Jacob 17 Feb 1760
Amos 8 May 1763

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 August 15 07:16 BST (UK) »
Looks like Joseph son of Amos and Phillpa was buried at Billingford 28 December 1774.