Author Topic: Mahan Family from Carrigallen  (Read 9395 times)

Offline lisamahan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mahan Family from Carrigallen
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there mahananne- it seems your family tree is similiar to mine.
Robert mahan i believe was the brother of francis mahan who was my great Grandfather.
I us eo to live in christchurch but now in Australia. i would love to hear from you.

Lisa Mahan

Offline poobear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 05:50 BST (UK) »
HI there mahananne and Lisa.

I have sent you a personal message mahananne, keen to swap information with you .

Lisa I have been meaning to contact you again and let you know that I travelled to Ireland last year and went to the town that the Mahan and Codys lived and even meet a relative through the Cody line.

Cheers Donna

Offline lisamahan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Donna,
i noticed somewhere you were going to Ireland - It sounds like you had a great time :)
That is truly amazing that you found a relative through the Cody line! i would love to hear more of your journery.

Lisa

Offline MAHANANNE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 09:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for the amazing quick contact, I will take a couple of hours and have a look through the info you have sent me and see if I can add any gap fillers.
This side of the family, is related through Arthur Treasure Mahan (called Peter) who was born in 1923, the family history on this side was lost as our Arthur's father also Arthur died within a few weeks of him being born. This Arthur was a son of Robert Mahan. Peter was an only child and went as a baby overseas to South Africa and England before returning to NZ. Peter had 4 children, 3 that lived.
If anyone has any more knowledge of Arthur that died in 1923, I would appreciate it we have his army number WW1 23/817 - Army (R10927657)
Thanks Anne