Author Topic: Frasers of Kilarlity  (Read 13600 times)

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frasers of Kilarlity
« on: Sunday 19 June 11 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone.  I am wondering if anyone could please see if there is any information of a James Fraser and an Isabella McFarquar.  Their daughter Helen 'Nelly' Fraser (my gggrandmother who married a William Fraser)  was born in 1803 and I do not know if there were other siblings or when they were married.  Any information would be fantastic.  Thank you.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frasers of Kilarlity
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 June 11 09:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

A search on parents names on the IGI has:

Duncan Fraser 27 Aug 1788
Isobel Fraser 19 Dec 1790
Anne Fraser 16 Sept 1795
Colin Fraser 8 Feb 1798
Margaret Fraser 14 April 1800

All bpt. Kilearnan/Killiernan

(Forgot to say, this parish is Ross and Cromarty but not far away from Kiltarlity)

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 June 11 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone.  I am wondering if anyone could please see if there is any information of a James Fraser and an Isabella McFarquar.  Their daughter Helen 'Nelly' Fraser (my gggrandmother who married a William Fraser in 1823 in Kiltarlity)  was born in 1803 have you the correct year? 2 births showing for a Helen in Kiltarlity, 1797 and 1801 and I do not know if there were other siblings or when they were married.  Any information would be fantastic.  Thank you.

Regards

Malky

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 June 11 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Malky, thank you for such a quick reply....The year I have for her birth is 1803 ...she married in 1823 and died in 1870... according to ancestry records...always a possibility that it is wrong.....would appreciate the 2 births anyway, if they are the same parents as hers ...thank you so much...

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 June 11 10:11 BST (UK) »
Go onto a Google search and copy Kilarlity in the search box. Then look at the second entry.
You may find some information there.
Then copy Frasers of Kiltarlity into the Google search box. The first two entries may be usefull also.

I would post the actual web sites, but they will be removed by the mod's, as they are competitors.

Regards

Malky

Offline alexandramac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 June 11 06:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Malky.  It didn't yield me much unfortunately.  Could anyone please see if there is anything on either James or Isabella, a marriage or birth at all.  I have nothing to go on to who their parents might be.  Thank you all very much.

Offline ghostwhisperer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 June 11 11:51 BST (UK) »
Possible Gravestone in Kirkhill Cemetery for Helen and William

In memory of William Fraser, Farmer, Clunes died 23rd June 1869 aged 71 years and his beloved wife Helen Fraser died 17th Dec 1870 aged 67 years. Also their sons Peter of The Royal Sappers & Miners died in Stornoway 1st Feb 1853 aged 27 years. Simon died in Somerset, South Africa Dec 1861 aged 27 years. John died in 1836 aged 2 years. Erected by their sons Fraser Bros., Byaduk, Australia.

A few stones along is a very large stone which includes the following

In loving memory of my father James Fraser, Farmer, Wester Clunes died there 12th March 1853 aged 73 years and my mother Isabella Fraser also died there in 1836 aged 53 years.

Its a 4 sided stone with a lot of info

Erected by John Fraser, Farmer, Balchraggan in loving memory of his son James Fraser, MD died at Sutton Coldfield 23rd Aug 1906 aged 35 years. Also to the memory of said John Fraser born 12th  Dec 1828 died 28th May 1916 and his wife Jessie Urquhart born      died 15th March 1920. In his lifetime John Fraser was repeatedly chosen by his chief to represent the Clan Fraser on great  occasions, he worthily upheld the Clans glorious traditions to the end of his days, as did his ancestors who fell fighting at Culloden. Their daughter Annie died 24.3.1957. Also her daughter Ann died 17.3.195- And her son James Fraser, MB died  5.4.19--. Also Simon Joseph Fraser died 26.7.1979 aged 78. In loving memory of my father James Fraser, Farmer, Wester Clunes died there 12th March 1853 aged 73 years and my mother Isabella Fraser also died there in 1836 aged 53 years. Elizabeth Rose Fraser died 15.3.1981 aged 88, wife of James Fraser MB. The Revd. James Fraser, AM, Phopaghy, Author of The Wardlaw Manuscript born 1634 died 1709 lies buried here.

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 June 11 12:19 BST (UK) »

Hi  alexandramac

Wondering if you have any connection to Margaret FRASER born 1832 Kilarlity  daughter of Simon FRASER and Mary FRASER (nee FRASER)

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 June 11 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Malky

Why not post the web address and see if mod's remove it

there are a lot of external web addresses on this forum.

Yours Aye
BruceL