Author Topic: Hambridge family from ireland to england  (Read 11990 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hambridge family from ireland to england
« on: Sunday 19 June 11 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is kirsty foreman.

I am looking for any info on william hambridge who camed from ireland and went to live in england.
He married sarah ann thompson and i dont no if she camed from ireland or england but what i do no is that william hambridge and sarah ann thompson had 2 boys called joseph samuel hambridge in 1915 in wharf branston england and william hambridge 1913 in wharf branston england.
My grandads family use to travel up and down the canal from brentford to birminham or branston delivering coal. my grandad joseph samuel hambridge married hannah walker in brentford 1949 they had children and i am there granchild. if u have any info on the hambridge family could you please let me no thank you :D ;) :)

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge family from ireland to england
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 June 11 21:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Kirsty,

If you search for William Hambridge bn 1883 in the 1911 census, you should see one coming up in Nuneaton, Warks.  Have a look at that record (due to copyright issues, I can't post details), which should help you in your search.

Welcome to Rootschat!

And if you decide that the above William Hambridge is the correct one (look at the children's names!) then perhaps this is William with his parents in 1901:
Canal Boat, Emscote Wharf, Warwickshire
Thomas Hambridge  Head  Mar  46  Captain, boatman  bn Warks Banbury
Emma Hambridge  Wife  Mar  40  bn Warks Banbury
William Hambridge  Son  18  bn Warks Birmingham
Thomas Hambridge  Son  16  bn warks Birmingham
John Hambridge  son  16  bn Warks Birmingham
Bertie Hambridge son 6 bn Warks Banbury

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 June 11 21:31 BST (UK) »
I think that William and Sarah's marriage has been wrongly indexed - there is a William Hambridge mar Jun qtr 1910 Nuneaton 6d 676, but if you look at that page to see who else is on the same page, there are 3 men and 1 female.  One of the men is an Aston regisitration district.  A search on freebmd for Sarah Thompson mar Jun qtr Nuneaton brings an entry for one at 6d 678.  On that page there are 3 females and 2 males.  I suspect that Sarah is the missing female from page 676.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 June 11 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi there thank you for your help. i was told that my great grandad william hambridge camed from ireland some where in or around tipperary and i was told that he lived in ealing middlesex i have no idea why they camed from ireland to england and just to let you no that i have found a sarah ann thompson birth abt 1885 age at death 62 ealing and i have for gotten the year off death sorry and i am not even sure if that is the right sarah ann thompson and i have just one question to ask you the names that you have given me would they be brothers or sisters to william hambridge or childen of sarah and william hambridge im a bit confused as i no they had my grandad joseph samuel hambridge 20/4/1915 and william hambridge 18/12/1913 in wharf branston thank you for your help and sorry  ;D

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 June 11 22:52 BST (UK) »
and not only that i cant find a death year for my grandads brother william hambridge as you no he was born in 1913 so i dont no if he is dead or a live and i have been looking on ancestry search for all the family and seam to get no where thats why im on here lol

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 June 11 22:58 BST (UK) »
Rootschat isn't a forum for tracing living relatives and we aren't allowed to post details of anyone who might still be alive but looks like William Hambridge is dead.

William Hambridge born 14 Dec.1913, died Feb.1993 (age 79) Coventry district
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 June 11 08:24 BST (UK) »
If you use http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl you will see his birth- any births after 1911 show the mothers maiden name.As he was born late in December,he will almost certainly have been registered in the March 1/4 (you have 6 weeks to register a baby).

Braunston Wharf(On the Canal) would be registered in the Daventry district.

Births Mar 1914   

Hambridge  William  mmn Thompson in Daventry  3b 169

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 June 11 09:01 BST (UK) »
hi there i was just thinking if william hambridge died in 1993 would he had of been married and to who to ? and would he had any children and if so how many ?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 June 11 09:13 BST (UK) »
There's no way to tell those details from the entry in the index. The actual death certificate will list status (single, married, widowed or divorced) but will not give details of wife or children (if any).

A newspaper obituary, if there is one, would possibly list surviving relatives.

As I said earlier, this isn't a forum for tracing living relatives. There are some suggestions for doing so under Living People in the Help pages-
http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php#living
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!