Author Topic: Hambridge family from ireland to england  (Read 11957 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge family from ireland to england
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 21:05 GMT (UK) »
My name is Matthew William Dennis Hambridge. My dad was Dennis Hambridge and they was all part of the canal family in Coventry my grandad's name was William Hambridge
hi matthew I think your my cousin my mum is christine june hambridge the daughter of Joseph Samuel hambridge and hannah walker does the name ring a bell to you her older sib lings are and was joseph hambridge aka Joe he passed away a good few years ago then there is Ron and Joyce hambridge then my mum is the youngest of the siblings my nan did have anther son before my mum was born but he died of cot death and I think he's name was Lenny but on my nan and grandad grave stone in Ealing they got him down as Kenny and that is because they got the names wrong on my aunties head stone.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 07 April 18 23:32 BST (UK) »
My name is Matthew William Dennis Hambridge. My dad was Dennis Hambridge and they was all part of the canal family in Coventry my grandad's name was William Hambridge
Hello Kirsty I gave you some info about 3/4 years ago good to see you are still plodding on in your research.
 Matthewwdhambridge
 I think we may be distantly related as I have some living Hambridge's  in my tree who are ex working boatmen & live in Coventry  also have Harrison ,Humphries  ,Lane , Carter plus more in Coventry who are all connected to the working boatmen
hi jane can i ask did you or someone in your family took a dna  through MyHeritage its just i swear i sean your surname on there.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 08 April 18 17:32 BST (UK) »
Just to let you all know that Matthewwdhambridge hasn't been online here since 2017.

As he didn't return to Rootschat after posting, he won't have received any notificaitions that you have posted.

If you want to make contact, try sending another personal message. His post count is now high enough.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 19 July 18 12:31 BST (UK) »
hi there i was just thinking if william hambridge died in 1993 would he had of been married and to who to ? and would he had any children and if so how many ?
hi there could you please help me my great great was William hambridge and he married Sarah Ann thampson he's resting place I believe is in Ealing Middlesex I need to find out if he had any siblings as I cames across a Hannah Hambridge and Nathaniel Hambridge as I was looking at my DNA through my Heritage and I need to find out how am I related to a Sarah hamerton born taylor as she is my ancestor by 6th generation and William Taylor by seventh generation I found a Rebecca Taylor from another person's tree who I am a DNA match with and I've tried getting in touch with them so if you can help me to find out how I'm related to them please help me as the hambridge family is my mother side of the family and the Taylors are my dad's side of the family but by generations

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 August 18 19:02 BST (UK) »
I don't think William Hambridge was from Ireland (as per 1901 census) but perhaps he went to Ireland. There are very few Hambridge entries in the civil registration index but there is a death for a William Hambridge-
Apr./June 1923 (age 40) Dublin South registration district volume 2 page 332.

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347
husband
I don't think William Hambridge was from Ireland (as per 1901 census) but perhaps he went to Ireland. There are very few Hambridge entries in the civil registration index but there is a death for a William Hambridge-

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347
Just to let you all know that Matthewwdhambridge hasn't been online here since 2017.

As he didn't return to Rootschat after posting, he won't have received any notificaitions that you have posted.

If you want to make contact, try sending another personal message. His post count is now high enough.
yes your right I got confused with my great grandfather George Herbert walker but I'm still looking to find out information on William Hambridge and Sarah Ann Thompson I no they married in Coventry as I got the marriage certificate but I can't find the year they was born and where the was born but what I do no is my great great grandfather was Thomas Hambridge but I don't no the name of he's wife or partner name and I don't no if William Hambridge and he's wife Sarah Ann Thompson had any siblings so I do need some help on this topic please thank you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 04 August 18 23:14 BST (UK) »
In the last few years lots of Irish records have come online (many, many of them free).

For example, this one is now online- William's occupation was boot maker, married and home address was 84 Francis St.
There are very few Hambridge entries in the civil registration index but there is a death for a William Hambridge-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1923/05054/4384671.pdf
Possible birth? William George Hambridge, parents Edward (porter) & Eliza (nee Redding) https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1882/02761/2014137.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 05 August 18 09:55 BST (UK) »
see  other posting(s)!

Hambridge-thompson marriage 1910 NUNEATON.
Still f-all evidence of an irish connection on that branch. (These posts go back to 2011)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=544123.msg6549585#msg6549585

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=544123.msg3978614#msg3978614 NOTE: This was the suggested father for the 1910 groom, but Kirsty has never stated whether he is referred to at the 1910 marriage or it's geographical/temporal co-incidence.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 05 August 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
I can't see an Irish connection yet either but posted the details of the William Hambridge mentioned earlier in the thread in order to eliminate him as a possibility.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 28 October 18 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Rootschat isn't a forum for tracing living relatives and we aren't allowed to post details of anyone who might still be alive but looks like William Hambridge is dead.

William Hambridge born 14 Dec.1913, died Feb.1993 (age 79) Coventry district
this is my granddad Joseph Samuel hambridge brother