Author Topic: Pulburough look up  (Read 5005 times)

Offline kwhite6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pulburough look up
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie,
That is fantastic. My fittleworth transcriptions only go to 1811. Can you please send me any additional info from those baptisms? Do they list a birth date in addition to the baptism date? Or god parents? The Coldwatham one is certainly plausible. That would mean that the family moved around quite a bit. I believe they were married at Wiseborough green and then moved into Fittleworth. After Richards death, Alice settled in the nearby village of Coates, presumably with her children. From your 1851 census find, I was able to discover that Henry's brother Richard joined him in Australia. Not sure yet what happened to the rest of the family. Your help has been so valuable. THANK YOU.
best
Kate

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 17:46 BST (UK) »
The records were just transcriptions on ancestry, I searched with only the surname and county and with parents as Richard and Alice for the time period from their marriage until Richard's death.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline kwhite6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Again Lizzie,
If you have access to the fittleworth parish records could you see if you can find a marriage for Charles Standen/Standing to a Mary in Fittleworth circa 1840. They went on to have six children per the census records  - Thomas, Charles, Henry, George, Joh, Albert. I believe Charles Snr died circa 1859.
Thanks
Kate

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 20:03 BST (UK) »
I can't find any baptisms for children of Charles and Mary at Fittleworth, lots of other Standens though.

A Charles Standen was buried 6 Jan 1859 at Fittleworth aged 48.  No record of a baptism for him in 1811, there is a George Standen on 7 Jul 1811 s/o James & Mary

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 20:33 BST (UK) »
A Charles Standen married either a Mary Elliott or Mary Ann Leshley Q2 1839 district Thakeham, vol 7, page 619.