Author Topic: Looking for John Farewell poss of Poole  (Read 9519 times)

Offline MHA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Farewell
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 August 11 03:01 BST (UK) »
Jennifer, I should provide some additional minor clarification for you.  Sometimes my brain cannot keep up with my fingers, and typing miscues occur.

Yes, the John Farewell property at Riverhead, on the Twillingate North Island was registered on February 10, 1806, and not on September 10, 1806.

Also, in my previous email I intended to say that "There are many renowned publications that have presented the assertion that John Slade was born in Poole, Dorset, in 1719....", and not 1819.

I mentioned to you previously that the surname Farewell is not prevalent in Poole, Dorset, but rather it shows up at other places in Dorset such as Corfe Castle, Melcombe Regis, etc.

The surname Farwell is present in the Poole registers, however.  In fact, I would be inclined to focus my search for Captain Farwell solely to the Poole jurisdiction.

And that is it for now, before I miscue again !

Milt

Offline Roder51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for John Farewell poss of Poole
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 October 14 16:48 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this might be of any help Jennifer.

A George Easton of Greenspond married Alva Andrews widow at St. John's
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12322-63972-42?cc=1790939

Offline KenBradley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for John Farewell poss of Poole
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 November 17 04:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello there... I too am researching the Farwell line of my family tree and am intrigued by your post.  My GG Grandfather, Richard Farwell came to Newfoundland sometime in the 1850's with two brothers one of whom I am fairly certain was named Thomas.  According to my research, they were from Bridport, Dorset