Author Topic: 3x G Grandfather Baker from Theydon Mount  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Marie Baker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
3x G Grandfather Baker from Theydon Mount
« on: Tuesday 28 June 11 16:26 BST (UK) »
 Hello and Help!!!
In the 1851 and 1861 census I have Benjamin Baker,born c 1811.He gives his place of birth as Theydon Mount,residing in Theydon Garnon.His wife Hannah,is given as born c 1801 in High Easter.I have been unable to find Baptism, marriage etc records for them online and as I dont drive and live in Sussex,cant get to Essex.Can anyone help please.

Offline geno500

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 3x G Grandfather Baker from Theydon Mount
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 06:42 BST (UK) »
Hi  I will do the look up for you do you know Hannahs maiden name it helps when you look up a baptism ;D

Best Regards

Offline geno500

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 July 11 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hi well did your look up at Essex records,it was a bit strange as I looked for Benjamin Bakers baptism at Theydon Mount and found that even with them using the new baptism records it did not stop the clergy from watering down the ink so that hardly any baptisms can be seen for the period you want,also looking for Hannahs baptism at High Easter around 1801 ,I found that the records ended in late 1800 and did not start up to 1803 on the micro fiche so once again we were beat,okay thats the bad news.
Theydon Gannon marriages
Benjamin Baker bachelor married Hannah Featherston widow 28th July 1833 they both made a mark

Theydon Gannon burials  Thomas Featherston died 8th September 1826 aged 30

Theydon Gannon marriages Thomas Featherston married Hannah Heard 31st January 1818 both made mark
Best Regards

T

Offline geno500

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 July 11 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi I also picked up a few more records not sure if they will help you

Theydon Mount Burials
Mark Baker aged 28 5-3-1807
William Baker aged 73 28-6-1807

Theydon Mount marriges
James Baker married Mary Hyde 12-10-1820
William Baker married Mary Ann Barnard 28-11-1829
George Baker married Olave Baker 27-9-1835
William Baker lab  father James married Sarah Monk servant father James 2-3-1844.

Best Regards

Offline Marie Baker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hello geno500.
Firstly, sorry for the delay replying ,I have been away from home for a few days.
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to help me ,and for looking up that information on the parish records.
It`s annoying that there are gaps in the records,but thats life as they say,and all part of this fascinating research!
What you did uncover is great and really interesting and usefull.I didn`t know Hannahs maiden name as only had info from census,so I now have more research to get stuck into!
Thanks again,Marie.