Author Topic: Arthur Abel  (Read 5280 times)

Offline MoiraR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Abel
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 January 18 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I know it’s a long time since you created a post about Arthur Abel on this website but he was my grandfather so I was interested to see his name here. I never met him because he died before I was born but my parents stayed with him and his youngest daughter Ina when they were first married. I’m trying to find out when he started the fishmonger business because that wasn’t what he always did. He didn’t have a shop or a van. He had horses and carts! My father had to leave school early to help in the family business even although he passed the 11+ and that created a bit of a rift between them. His wife was paralysed down her right side following a stroke. Many of his large family still live in the area.

Offline Wilton Endeavour

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 January 18 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Moira,
thanks for the reply on Arthur Abel. I will check out to see if it mentions his occupation on some of the census records. Then we should be able to establish when he started his fishmonger business.

Wilton Endeavour
Snadon Clackmannan/Alloa, Sim/Syme Kilsyth, Davies Kirknewton, Mowbray Colinton/Kirknewton, Shaw Kilsyth, Allan Lasswade/Penicuik, Mullin Waterford, Kirkwood Kilsyth, Laird Denny, Haggart Blackfriars Lanarkshire, Bell Dalmeny, Willets Worcestershire, Cleland Kilsyth.

Offline MoiraR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 00:50 GMT (UK) »
I suspect census records won’t help sine they only go back to 1911 and I think he must have started it after that but if you do find out, let me know.
Moira