Author Topic: McNICKLE Of Wagga Wagga  (Read 13368 times)

Offline Nulla

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McNICKLE Of Wagga Wagga
« Reply #27 on: Friday 05 August 11 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann

I was just filling in time and Googled McNickle (as you do) and saw your message - I was on RootsChat a long time ago but I have a new email address.  I would love to share info with you.  How do we go about sharing email addresses?

Cheers
Annette

Offline aquamarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 05 August 11 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hello again Annette.
If you would like to email me at (*) then I would have your email. I will be changing this email immediately after I hear from you so security shouldn't be a problem. I have passed my treasurer's duties and information on so I will have no further use for this email. How does that sound?

Ann

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional

For Information on How to Send a PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline hiluxdc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 16 April 12 12:51 BST (UK) »
Yes, he was injured in WWII. He met my grandmother, Ann Artis in Victoria. She was his nurse.

Hi McNickle,
I think your grandmother Ann, and my grandfather were sister & brother. My grandfather is Colin Reece Artis. I met your gradmother a few times when I was a kid - we called her Aunty Nancy. Mum often spoke about Aunt Nancy & Uncle Harold. Are you a child of Carol, Tim or Andrew? Would be great to be in touch. I'm not sure how to work this forum - My first time. Hope I did it right.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Tony

Offline aquamarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 01:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Tony

I don't recognise these McNickle names. They must be from a different branch. Ours came from the Wagga Wagga area.

Ann

Offline hiluxdc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,
Thanks for your response. I think the Ann Artis that 'Mcnickle' (User) referred to in a post, married Harold (William John James Harold McNickle) son of Daniel, son of John, is my Aunty on my Mums side. Annie Lillian McNickle (nee Artis). Are these the Wagga Wagga McNickles? I'm pretty sure the user 'McNickle' is son/daughter or Grandson/daughter to either Carol Tomlinson (nee McNickle), Andrew McNickle or Tim Mcnickle. I'm not sure how to make contact with the user 'McNickle' other than posting. Any ideas?

Thanks Heaps
Tony

Offline aquamarine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hello again Tony.
Because of privacy issues, the only way to contact people is to login and send a message that way. My McFarland/e ancestors married into the McNickle family. One name which I recall was Isabella McNickle who witnessed my grandparents' marriage. The names you have submitted may well be part of the Wagga Wagga family. My lot came out here with Mulhollands, Hamiltons and Montgomerys as well.

Good luck.
Keep in touch if you think we have common ancestors.

Ann

Offline Berth

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 19 April 15 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi my names Timothy mcnickle, grand son of Walter and Isabella mcnickle. I hope this is the other mcnickles of Wagga who I never new or meet, but Tim the grand son or son( bit mixed up) of Harold followed me because of our names being identical. Also may be able to help going back further in time. I think it was Mcnickle user name wanting to do this.

Sounds like your great grand father had a interesting life.