Author Topic: Daniel McKay - Bally Castle Birth ca1820  (Read 7984 times)

Offline TheRealMcKay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel McKay - Bally Castle Birth ca1820
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 April 13 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

I wonder if your search got any further. I am from a line of Mckays that originated from DerryKeighan area. The spelling changes between McKay/McCay/Mackay frequently but of interest might be

Daniel Mckay b 1774 m Mgt Stewart/?stuart and his father Daniel Mckay 1730 - 1803 m Catherine Houston  who is my Gt. Gt. Gt. Gt Grandfather. Hugh Mckay 1769-1848 of Knockmore Mosside is my Gt. Gt. Gt Grandfather

See also

http://wpamckays.com/comments.htm for more on the Henry Stuart connection

Offline atuthill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 October 13 21:41 GMT (UK) »
I am also looking for information on Daniel McKay, father to Caroline Irwin Stuart McKay. I tried the link above but it not work. I know Caroline married a James Watson in London in 1843. Her father is listed in the register as Daniel McKay. I do not know where the Stuart name comes in but is has been continued to be a name used in the family.

Offline TheRealMcKay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 October 13 23:36 GMT (UK) »
The link is down now

Daniel McCay(McKay) Mosside born 1730 died 1803, also his son Daniel Mckay birth/death dates unknown, and also his son Daniel Henry Stuart Mckay born 1801 died 1889

The above was posted by James Wilson Mckay

Hope this helps

Offline atuthill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 November 13 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Yes thank you, that does help.

Offline brianwilsonatno6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 February 18 17:28 GMT (UK) »
My name is Brian McKay.I was born in the Village of Mosside,Parish of Derrykeighan.My family have been in Mosside since at least 1764 until present.You have been looking for a Daniel McKay from this Parish.A lot of my ancestors were called Daniel and I have (or so I thought) placed all of them
There may be one Daniel who had a son Daniel that I was unaware of.Have you any more details at all-even the least thing like children'names or where your Daniel ended up living.I am quite familiar with this area as my early ancestors were all buried in the old Church at Derrykeighan and I still attend Mosside Presbyterian Church.By the way this branch of the family to which I refer may have spelt the name Mackay.Hope to hear from you,Brian

Offline brianwilsonatno6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 17:50 GMT (UK) »
hi rebecca,my name is brian mckay.I was born in the parish of derrykeighan,same as your ancestor daniel mckay.I have traced my ancestors back to 1764 and am familiar with the parish and its people.I was born and grew up in the village of mosside,and still go to the presbyterian church there.
please contact me with a little more info.about where your ancestor finally settled and I may be able to help.
Brian Mckay

Offline brianwilsonatno6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,Someone looking info.regarding Caroline Irwin Stuart McKay married to James Watson.I am a direct Ancestor and still have strong connections with the Village in which she was born,MOSSIDE.
Caroline was the daughter of Daniel McKay (McCay) and Margaret Stuart and the granddaughter
of Daniel McCay and Catherine Price,of Mosside,Parish of Derrykeighan,County Antrim.
She was one of nine children,five brothers and three sisters.Three brothers and Caroline  went to America.The old house where Caroline was born still stands albeit semi dillapidated.
The family would have been classified as minor gentry.The Stuart side of the family claimed to
have forbears connected to the Royal House of Stuart,?? Caroline and James Watson went to Baltimore where she remained at least until the 1900 census.James,her husband was killed in the Civil War.He was a Sergeant in "Cole's Cavalry",a Regiment raised in Baltimore.
I have lots of information on my family should anyone be interested.

Offline brianwilsonatno6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 01 March 18 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Someone posted information re: Hugh McKay of Knockmore,Mosside married Catherine Houston.
Would like more information as to this person's connection to this family.I also am connected.
Brian McKay