Author Topic: James Muir & Helen GEORGESON  (Read 5702 times)

Offline rmgm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Muir & Helen GEORGESON
« on: Monday 04 July 11 05:40 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on the family of James Muir (b 08 Jul 1852, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Scotland) and Helen Georgeson (b 1851, Sandsting & Aithsting, Shetland; d 26 Jun 1930, Lerwick, Shetland).  Helen's parents were George Georgeson (b abt 1812, Walls, Shetland) and Margaret Isbister. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Roberta

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline akc

• RootsChat Senior
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
Re: James Muir & Helen GEORGESON
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 11 08:39 BST (UK) »
there,s quite a lot of info on www.bayanne.info/Shetland on this family, what information are you looking for?
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rmgm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 July 11 11:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying so promptly and for the site address.  I am looking for the children of Helen and James. I went to the site, but there isn't any information about them.  It doesn't look like they went back to Edinburgh as Helen died in Lerwick.

Thanks again.

Roberta

Offline akc

• RootsChat Senior
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 July 11 12:39 BST (UK) »
on the 1891 census they were living in leith with no children, on the 1901 ellen is living in lerwick again with no children, they married on 3/1/1884 so it looks like there were no children alive during that time
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

Offline rmgm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 July 11 17:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

Roberta

Offline ll80234

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 August 13 19:54 BST (UK) »
I just read your post regarding James Muir and Helen Georgeson.

James would be my great grand uncle and as far as I know he and Helen did not have any children.
In 1901 there was a James Muir visiting Catherine Muir (nee Brash) and I'm not sure if this would be the same James or not.  Even though I have searched,  I have yet been able to find a death registration for him. 

I can be of any further help with regards to his family, please let me know.

Cheers
Dale