Author Topic: Bridge family Tottington Lancashire  (Read 12693 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge family Tottington Lancashire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 August 13 15:45 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.
After 2 more postings on here the PM system will be activated and you can exchange email addresses :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Aussiegirl2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 August 13 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I too am a Bridge who is descended from Joseph Bridge who was transported to Australia.  He died in 1829 at Moreton Bay which is now Brisbane.  He had 7 sons.  I would be interested in any information which anyone may have on this family

Regards

Offline Christoforo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 08:13 BST (UK) »
G'day AussieGirl2

The attached document may give you a good start. It starts with Joseph's grandfather, but I can't guarantee its accuracy or completeness as it was compiled from the Internet.

Cheers
Chris

PS Hope the attachment comes through

Offline Polly64

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 September 13 14:52 BST (UK) »
I am also an ancestor of Joseph Bridge via the Scholes family.  Joseph's parents were John Bridge and Ann Scholes (Ann is my great aunt x 5) her parents were James Scholes and Ann Greenhaugh, and her grandparents were Peter Scholes and Isabell Hampson. I know that Joseph had a brother James who was not as fortunate as Joseph in that he was hung for passing forged notes.  His sister was called Alice and she married Samuel Pilling.  I don't have any information on John Bridge or his ancestors but would love to find out more if anyone can help.  Thanks!

Offline Wollombi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 28 November 13 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barry,

I'm Mark Bridge, descendant of Joseph Bridge in Australia. I would love the opportunity to gain / exchange any information you have on Joseph back to Simon de Brugge, 1220.

Regards,
Mark

Offline Wollombi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 November 13 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aussiegirl2,

I, like you, are a direct descendant of Joseph Bridge. I've been researching the Bridge Family in Australia for a number of years. There is a lot of information available by the Joseph Bridge Family History Society and a number of books have been published by the Bridge family. I would be happy to share and exchange information with you.

Regards,
Wollombi

Offline Accringtonian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 28 November 13 17:29 GMT (UK) »
I think it would be worthwhile for all you Bridges to make contact with the Lancashire Family History Society's branch in Bury and also with the society's secretary who will inform the officer who deals with members' interests. It would be useful if at least one of you joined the society.  See its website.

I am puzzled by an earlier posting which said that after a certain number of postings, it would be possible to send private messages (PMs). I thought it was possible immediately on joining. Am I missing summat?
Dobson ; Hindle; Rigby

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 12 January 18 12:56 GMT (UK) »
The posts on this thread are quite old.....but in case anyone is following -

My husband is a descendant of a Thomas Bridge (possibly the brother of John 1715-1746).

Thomas was born c. 1711/12 at Withins Farm, Hawkshaw and died there in 1787.  He was married to Nancy (Ann) Fildes in 1733 at St. Mary's in Bury.  They had 3 sons (that I know of) Thomas 1739, James 1746  and John 1749.

~~~~~~~~

Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Ardill,  Bourke/Burke, Bellwood, Bridge, Cain, Church, Cragg,  Dennell, Dunning, Gough, Haslam, Holmes, Jessop, Kidson/Kitson, Knowles, Markwick, Martin, Munden, Nickerson, Robinson,  Seddon, Whittle, Varley & Walpole.

Areas: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Norfolk, Marylebone & Tipperary

Offline ebridge14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 00:27 BST (UK) »
The posts on this thread are quite old.....but in case anyone is following -

My husband is a descendant of a Thomas Bridge (possibly the brother of John 1715-1746).

Thomas was born c. 1711/12 at Withins Farm, Hawkshaw and died there in 1787.  He was married to Nancy (Ann) Fildes in 1733 at St. Mary's in Bury.  They had 3 sons (that I know of) Thomas 1739, James 1746  and John 1749.

Hi KathyM, hope this reaches you. I'm unfamiliar with this forum so not sure I'm replying correctly.
I have information suggesting Thomas is John's brother but without knowing the names of their parents it's hard to verify, although considering they both lived at Withins Farm they must be related. However, I do have a family tree mapped out for Thomas which lists 7 children and expands to his great-great-great-grandchildren. If you'd like any info let me know.