Author Topic: Family Tree Research  (Read 16596 times)

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Research
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 25 August 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane,
Further to your reply to my last post as to who was living at 11 Fitzwilliam Quay, Ringsend in 1910/1906.  I have just realised that my Roche ancestors were not married until 1907 so she would be listed in her maiden name of Florence Walker.  Would it be possible to supply me with the names of all people at that address in 1906.  I would be very grateful.

Paul

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 25 August 11 13:40 BST (UK) »
I believe the listing I posted earlier is complete - usually only a principle householder is shown in directories.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 12 July 12 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane, no luck in finding enough information on captain Frederick  Aaron walker to obtain a birth certificate.
 But I have made some progress,i have just received a copy of his competency certificate which states his place of birth as Lynn Norfolk 1862 no information on his parents. Thistlebay was very close when she said Aaron walker on the 1871census,  any idea on my next move Paul

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 12 July 12 10:32 BST (UK) »
not clear exactly what Irish information you are looking for - if the aim is to locate details of Frederick Aaron Walker's parents then you need his baptism details or birth cert...

Have you tried FreeBMD Index, and maybe a post on the Norfolk board here on RootsChat ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 July 12 10:41 BST (UK) »
 But I have made some progress,i have just received a copy of his competency certificate which states his place of birth as Lynn Norfolk 1862 no information on his parents.

Not very familiar with Norfolk, but maybe that should be King's Lynn ?

I'm not sure what the name of the registration district would be, but if you could find this you could narrow the search for a birth..

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Shane
        I have a marriage certificate for a Florence Walker to James Roche in Ringsend church 1907.
Is it possible for me on line, to view the church records I would like to see if the grandmothers are in the register.

Paul.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Most of the parish records online only cover up to late 1800s, a couple to 1900.

what denomination/church was this marriage ?

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 12:34 GMT (UK) »
        I have a marriage certificate for a Florence Walker to James Roche in Ringsend church 1907.

what are the names and occupations of the fathers, and the residences for the bride & groom ?

I think the first step should be checking out these addresses and names on the Irish census returns... this might lead to details on their parents and siblings

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 31 October 12 16:38 GMT (UK) »
i have a lot of information on the brides family the walkers which you helped me to obtained  IE Frederick Aaron  sailor and wife Sarah Anne.
however on the grooms side only his Fathers name Michael who was a sailor, the same as his son hence the reason for details on his Mother.
They were married in a RC church in ringsend and their address as no 11 fitzwilliams quay ringsend, they don't show on any census after that, only on the brides death certificate in 1919 which gives her as a widow.
I can only find one birth in the rotunda hospital Florence Roche 1910.

Paul.