Author Topic: Family Tree Research  (Read 16601 times)

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Research
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 August 11 20:16 BST (UK) »
First of all many thanks for your reply.
I have both birth and marriage certificates as you mentioned . On my Mother's birth certificate, her mother is Florence Roche (nee Walker) and Father is James Roche.
Her parent's marriage certificate names Florence's Father as Samuel Walker but I believed him to
be Frederick Aaron as indicated on her birth certificate.
I thought, at first, I might have the wrong certificate but I could only find one entry with the same details (vol.2 - page 625) as you stated.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 August 11 20:31 BST (UK) »
So it's really the parents of Florence (Walker) Roche that you are having problems with?

Going to check a few things but will post back here later.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 August 11 21:30 BST (UK) »
1911 census- Sarah Ann Walker married (27 years), age 40, born Co. Limerick, father George Eldridge (born England) also in household (with children Lillian M.M. 14, Fred G.H.P. 11, James 6).
1911 census- Frederick A. Walker-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/South_Dock/Sir_John_Rogerson_s_Quay/82653

1901 census- Hubberston, Haking, Pembrokeshire, Wales- Sarah A. Walker, age 37, born Havestock? Essex, wife of fisherman (with children Mary A. 15, Florence E.M. 12, Harriett H. 9, Lillian M.M. 5, Frederick G.H.S.? 3)

1891 census- Kingston Upon Hull, Holy Trinity, Yorkshire- Sarah Ann Walker, age 25, born Haverstock? Kent, fisherman's wife (with children Mary A. 5, Florence E.M. 2)

Marriage according to 1901 census should be c1884, Sarah Ann's maiden name likely to be Eldridge.
Frederick Aaron Walker/Sarah Ann Eldridge Apr./June 1884 Hull district volume 9d page 336.

Think Samuel as father's name on marriage certificate is an error (I have one certificate where first names of bride's father and groom's father are switched and several marriages where father's name is incorrect).

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 August 11 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey,
Thank you for your help & research ,you have achieved a great deal in such a short time.

I am much happier with the research now I can accept that mistakes can happen on technical documents

I did try to carry out more research by obtaining Captains  Frederick Aaron Walker's birth  certificate to no avail. I Asked the GRO of Devon to carry out research on my behalf - no luck

The reason I used the Devon office was, I found ships in Milford Haven which had a Captain Frederick Aaron Walker onboard between c1888 to 1914  called "Birda",  "Brazilan", "Camillia" & "Sealark" which gives the Captains certificate as 4322/4322/ 4322/ 2344? 4322 and born in Lynmouth.  When I supplied this information to Devon they said "no results".

Many Thanks
Paul

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 August 11 16:52 BST (UK) »
Have you found Frederick on any census? any idea of age? It may be that he was registered as Frederick or even Aaron rather than Frederick Aaron.

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 August 11 13:36 BST (UK) »
I had a one year subscription to Ancestry  but was unable to pick one out of hundreds listed in  England.

The only information i have is birth 1862 Fathers name George occupation Engine Driver.

Paul

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 09 August 11 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi was just browsing and found this but not sure where your Frederick Aaron was born:

Aaron Walker
  Relationship (to head of household) : Brother Inmate
  Address : Mitford and Launditch Union, Gressenhall
  Parish  : Gressenhall  / County :Norfolk
  Place of Birth : Norfolk

This was on 1871 cns in UK.

Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 09 August 11 15:27 BST (UK) »
You would be very lucky to find your Mr Frederick Aaron Walker.  In the UK births, there isn't a Frederick A or Frederick Aaron listed or a Aaron F or Aaron Frederick listed.  So obviously the middle name was registered at the time.  There is however a Aaron Alfred born in 1862 in Greenwich unfortunately it doesn't give parent details.
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline TransistorPaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 August 11 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, I agree with you its' very difficult, I have been trying for a long period. However i did come across  Aaron Walker in Lexham, Norfolk  1861. Mitford Launditch Union is a home for orphan children. They had  Aaron Walker, Samuel Walker &  Arthur Walker in care in Gressenhall Parish in 1871. I  have the parents names as Robert  and Susan Walker they had an additional 7 children listed in the 1861 England Census.
What happened on  another site, a lady sent me an email and said that Aaron was related to her  and had married  but not to Sarah Ann.

Many Thanks