Author Topic: Relatives from Weybridge  (Read 4006 times)

Offline CV-S

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Relatives from Weybridge
« on: Wednesday 06 July 11 04:13 BST (UK) »
Hello

I have a book published in 2000 and it contains interviews with the eighteen oldest residents of Weybridge, Surrey, and discussed their life stories.

This was eleven years ago and most were over ninety but they may of course still be living so I can only put the names of those I have accounted a death for:

-Doris 'Rose' Rosewell
-Edna Cruickshank
-Jack Iliffe

There are fifteen others. If you have a relative who lived in Weybridge in 2000 and were in their eighties or nineties they very well may be in the book.

If anyone thinks they may have a connection with someone please let me know and I'll pass on the details.

Offline johnleatherhead

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Relatives from Weybridge
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 June 16 15:41 BST (UK) »

My late mother was a 2nd cousin of Edna Cruickshank and I remember visiting Edna at both Goodacre and St George's Close in Weybridge.  I would be most interested in knowing if the book can be purchased.  Edna had a most interesting life which included getting married in Hong Kong to being evacuated from Singapore in 1942.  Information on her husband James Gordon (known as Gordon) who died in 1968 is rather scant in family history terms that I can find.